Which shoes should I buy?

Nursing Students Male Students

Published

I start clinical in September and I was wondering which men's shoes are most comfortable?

I start clinical in September and I was wondering which men's shoes are most comfortable?

I'm not sure which shoes are the best but for my clinicals we need an all white shoes. I'm thinking about getting me a pair of all white nike shox. I had a 2 pairs of nike shox and it's one of the best shoes I've worn.

Specializes in Neonatal ICU (Cardiothoracic).

I have Nike SHOX and they are great. I've been wearing the same pair for almost 2 years, and my feet still don't hurt. Now whether or not your school allows "athletic" type shoes at clinical is another issue. In that case, I would definitely go with Merrells white "moc" type show. They're all white and nonathletic looking. Good luck with school!

I have had back surgeries and love Rockport or SAS. They cost but are well worth the money.

For us guys with wide feet and who are required to have "real" shoes as opposed to "sneakers," there isn't a lot of choices. I have a bad back and bad knees. I found a great pair of white men's nursing shoes at Standing Comfort. They're expensive but at the end of the shift, I don't think about them. They're really great.

Specializes in Extern so far....

I started clinicals wearing some cheap $19 Wal-Mart brand white leather shoes. My knees, feet, and hips were killing me at the end of each clinical. Fortunately, I was able to scrape up enough money to buy some Merrill white mocs by end of clinicals to wear. They are heavenly!

Only downside is that they do seem to get scratched easily but nothing a bit of shoe polish can't fix.

you will really have to try different things until you find what works for you the best. i work in surgery scrubbing long cases, so there isn't any sitting, not that there is much on the floors, but once scrubbed in you stand until it is finished.

as i mentioned before rockport and sas work well for me but the ones that work for me cost big $ and are god ugly. go to a "trusted" uniform place and tell them of any conditions like bad knee or whatever and let them show you what they have that can help you.

on here you are going to get about 50 different shoe recommendations ranging from clogs like crocs to z-coils ( which has a real spring in the shoe) ,to sas which are more of an orthopedic shoe in nature (explains why they are so ugly).

Specializes in MICU/SICU.

Z-Coils

go to http://www.zcoil.com

and you know they work because nobody would wear (and spend 2 bills on) such ridiculous looking shoes if they didn't.

otherwise go to a specialty running store, get your arches checked out, and try on 10+ pairs of shoes before buying. every brand has a different feel. Personally, I've never found a pair of Nike's that felt comfortable, and this is coming from a runner.

Z-Coils

go to www.zcoil.com

and you know they work because nobody would wear (and spend 2 bills on) such ridiculous looking shoes if they didn't.

otherwise go to a specialty running store, get your arches checked out, and try on 10+ pairs of shoes before buying. every brand has a different feel. Personally, I've never found a pair of Nike's that felt comfortable, and this is coming from a runner.

lol, not necessarily true... Look at the 80's. Males and females wore big hair and leg warmers... ;)

Specializes in MICU/SICU.
lol, not necessarily true... Look at the 80's. Males and females wore big hair and leg warmers... ;)

HAHA well i doubt anyone is making a fashion statement with z-coils. it's all about function before beauty. you find me a $20K vehicle that goes 0-60 in 2.7, runs on tap water, and gets 160MPG, but looks like a pile of dog vomit, and i'll be all over it. (i'm not comparing z-coils to dog vomit.)

HAHA well i doubt anyone is making a fashion statement with z-coils. it's all about function before beauty. you find me a $20K vehicle that goes 0-60 in 2.7, runs on tap water, and gets 160MPG, but looks like a pile of dog vomit, and i'll be all over it. (i'm not comparing z-coils to dog vomit.)

Lol, my kinda nurse, practical! ;) Or maybe idealistic since any car going 0-60 in 2.7 is going to cost an arm and a leg or 4.

If you ever find that car, send me an e-mail and put one on hold for me! I'll just have to cough up some dough later to do a Sabrina Fairchild on it!

I'm starting in September, and I just bought a pair of white Rockport Pro-Walkers. I got them at an outlet store at about half the price they usually go for, so if they aren't very good, I'll buy something else.

+ Add a Comment