Where to go...
- 0Oct 8, '12 by samb0105My husband and I have always loved Florida. We have family all over the states and spend a lot of time there. I have been an RN for 14 months. I have a year exp in SNF/Rehab/LTC. We are looking for a good area for us to settle in to. We are looking to move just after the first of the year as I am on a travel assignment the ends the end of December. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions of areas that may be good for me to look into? We are origionally from TN so looking for a medium size area with good opportunities for nurses. Cost of living is also something we would like info about. Thanks
- 0Oct 9, '12 by JARNBSNI would in general stay away from anything south of broward. I live in Miami and have lived here my whole life and it is a terrible city in terms of jobs/cost of living and crime here is terrible and it's mostly a Spanish speaking community. Weston and Davie are very nice areas to live, there is a Cleveland clinic in Weston and the memorial west hospital (which is part of broward health system) near miramar are great hospitals. Orlando is nice as well and has a great health system (Florida hospital), Gainesville is pleasant as well but a younger community because of the university, naples is a calm community(older community) very nice as well but limited jobs and pay is not that great. i went to all these locations in hopes of finding a job. Good luck
- 0Oct 10, '12 by DeefierceSouth Florida suck. I lived here all my life and I am a nurse as well. I been an RN for 2 years and it was extremely tough for me to find a job in the hospital. I had to settle for psych. I been applying to hospital jobs for the longest and not one interview.... As far as living.. I live in Margate which is north broward... I actually love it here. Good schools, great residential area, I live in a 1bdrm and pay $900. The cost of living is a little up there but if u are in a 2 income household you should be fine. Do not move to Miami. Good luck!!
- 1Oct 14, '12 by jennymaria23My husband and I just moved to Clearwater. He's from TN and I'm from VA. We were living in KY until we got married and I started as a travel nurse. We went to Maryland for my first assignment and absolutely hated it!!! Then I read a post on here about Baycare. We started looking into and I start orientation tomorrow. While I haven't been on the floor yet and can't attest to the hospitals (there are 11 in the corporation), I can attest to their vested interest in retaining nurses. I joined the mobile pool which is a contract job with no benefits. The pay is $40/hour without or $35 with housing. They have put us up in a one bedroom condo at the Grand Venezia in Clearwater. This condo is amazing!!! We absolutely love it here!!! The cost of living is about the same as Tennessee only we wake up everyday to sunshine when we take our dog for a walk on the walking trail next to Old Tampa Bay in our complex. My contract is for 28 weeks , but they do 14 weeks as well. My husband and I are already considering Clearwater long term and we've only been here a week. We LOVE it!!!!
- 0Nov 16, '12 by jdeme115Hi Jennymaria23
Hi there, I am interested in the baycare mobile pool position. I have just applied and spoke with the recruiter the position sounds good but I was wondering if you could share with me your experience you have had this far in the mobile pool and how was your orientation? I will also be relocating as we live in Rhode Island currently. I worked in a small community hospital as a clinical nurse II in the float pool and was floated to acute rehab, med-surge floors, ER. I really enjoyed floating sometimes I would even float to two deparments in one 8 hour shift. Did you get to choose which hospital to start your contract?