UCF Cocoa Beach/Daytona Spring 2013 - Page 23Register Today!
- Oct 17, '12 by kikilaHas anyone gone in and spoken to an advisor this week about the interview process ?
- Oct 17, '12 by laurenmalaurenI thought about it but Im not sure if its a good idea, what if they cant talk about it or really don't want to give someone an unfair advantage? Especially if they didn't really want to give out info on how many people got interviews and stuff. I wouldn't want to make them feel like I was too pushy... However maybe they will like a person more because they are taking initiative to find things out, and maybe they will think people that do that are really serious about the program... who knows? I have a friend who did go to an advisement session with Alton about 1 month before we got our emails to interview, and she asked him about the interview process and he told her that if you get an interview your more than likely going to get into the program. I don't wanna raise hopes up or claim this is the gospel truth or anything but it sure helps me sleep better at night. I think it all boils down to being professional and mature, and most importantly being yourself. Im sure as long as no one is mean or a total sociopath at the interview that were all gonna be fine.
- Oct 17, '12 by lmrossitto@laurenmalauren:
Thanks for your encouragement! However, I am still sick to my stomach with nerves! It's 2 weeks away and I'm a hot-mess! I'm sure I'll be fine in the interview, I usually do fine in those settings, but it's so nerve-racking because I've worked so hard to get here and pushed myself so much... Anybody else with me?
- Oct 17, '12 by kikilaDid anyone get their background check results? Its saying they were unable to verify my work...did anyone else have this on thier results?
- Oct 17, '12 by chavon13Quote from kikilaYeah it said the same thing for me!Did anyone get their background check results? Its saying they were unable to verify my work...did anyone else have this on thier results?
- Oct 17, '12 by mc0323what you mean verify your work?.. like it says no under patriot act and sex offender etc?
- Oct 17, '12 by laurenmalaurenYeah I got the same thing, I called and the lady at daon said it just means they've tried to get ahold of my old employer a few times but that they cant reach him. She said its no big deal and that some places will charge the school to verify if you ever worked there or not and that a lot of schools will not want to verify. Ill call UCF CON tomorrow but she said as long as it says no under the other things your fine
- Oct 17, '12 by mc0323Quote from man-nurse2bi thought about this too, i called ucf and said i wanted to wait until after I am really accepted in the nursing program to then do the general orientation at ucf. she said that was a good idea and that i can do it online. so just hold on until nursing makes the final decision on who is getting in because the ucf orientation is 42 dollarsHELP,
Can someone explain to me how UCF general admissions Orientation works? There are several days I can choose for Daytona Campus , December 19th says BSN cohort, I take it that is for the actual class that will be starting in January,however, I just need to do general orientation for transfer students, should I just do it online then make an appointment with an advisor?
- Oct 18, '12 by man-nurse2bQuote from kikilaYes I spoke to certified via chat on this, they said it shows that because the employer wants to charge you for the infomation and UCF told certified not to process the infomation if it will cost the student additional costs. My company uses fax verification so I went ahead and make a request to put it for the fax, however, certified says, it does not matter to UCF, they only looking at the other areas.Did anyone get their background check results? Its saying they were unable to verify my work...did anyone else have this on thier results?
Exerpt of Transcript of conversation below explains. Names have been edited to comply with privacy rules of allnurses.com
Hello this is certified how may I help you? [2:42 PM] student: my background check for employment verification its says unable to verify, what information do you need? [2:42 PM] student: or does it even matter? [2:42 PM] xxxxxx: I will be happy to assist you. M ay I have your full name and last four of your ss#, so that I may access your account? [2:43 PM] xxxxxx: xxxxxxxxxx [2:44 PM] certified : Thanks... one second as I pull up your account [2:45 PM]certified : ok when you said does it even matter. The answer is no. [2:45 PM] certified : Now le tme explain [2:46 PM] certified : "Company X" charges you extra money for employee verifications. [2:47 PM]certified : University of Central Florida has said if the verification process is going to cost the student (you) any additional fee's please do not complete that employment verification
- Oct 18, '12 by man-nurse2bQuote from mc0323thanks for the info, my orientation is free because im an AA transfer student but it make sense to just wait. All of us are just anxious to start, but when we start we will be like "what have i done...arhhh"i thought about this too, i called ucf and said i wanted to wait until after I am really accepted in the nursing program to then do the general orientation at ucf. she said that was a good idea and that i can do it online. so just hold on until nursing makes the final decision on who is getting in because the ucf orientation is 42 dollars