TGH or Florida Hospital Tampa
- 0May 3, '13 by BnursHi everyone
I have been offered a position at TGH with good pay but also similar position at Florida hospital with less pay..i am wondering which one is a better choice..i am from out of state and dont have much experience with florida nursing...
can anyone help please
- 0May 4, '13 by pedsRN28I know TGH is a great hospital but I live FHT too. Both are supportive to staff and great teaching opportunities. Employees have to pay to park at TGH. FHT is transitioning from UCH to FHT so there's a lot of change happening...either would be great choice. I chose FHT because of location to my home, (free parking lol). Both off tuition reimbursement and great benefits (FHT benefits start day of hire) so it depends on what u want out of an employer
- 0May 4, '13 by BnursThanks alot
I am also thinking of the commute but TGH would pay almost 5$/hr more
Can you also tell me roughly how much deductions i would have per pay...I have never worked in the states, im from canada and we get really taxed here..so coming to florida means i am gettinga major pay cut bc the pay here is higher but i am guessing ill pay less taxes?
What should i expect to bring home? lets say if i make 25/hr? and dont consider benefits
- 0May 4, '13 by Isiah4031I work at FHT and love it. All the changes have been positive and the newer management has been supportive and encouraging. Pay is less than TGH, but profits are also higher and FHT is non-profit. That means there are no shareholders and money made is money put back in. I work on a floor where a lot of physician's groups have come over from TGH. In the end, it's your decision to make. But- it also depends on what type of floor you'd be working on. Good luck!
- 0May 13, '13 by pedsRN28Bnurs,
What you bring home depends on a number of things aside from benefits. Like the exemptions you claim, experience, department and hours worked. No experience med surge floor I'll guess somewhere around $1300 bi week give or take but again that's based of certain factors. Either way round I think it's a great pick (FHT). As said on here the staff is super supportive! I know this is late btw but I've been working a lot sorry!