Remington College of Nursing - Orlando - page 8
has anyone enrolled in the inaugural accelerated bsn class that started january 2009? what are your impressions so far? thank you, topcat... Read More
- 0Jun 12, '09 by NewFlRNHey NATO,
You will probably end up with a better one anyhow. I have a really good one, but will likely not use one in class...I learn better by writing things down. I am sure there are some good study programs that we will learn about. The phone call was really weird...saying there were two versions of the enrollement document ...an old one and a new one and I was one of the few that got the old one by mistake...could be.
I know they were trying to get a minimum of 20 people in the class but could take as many as thirty before they split into two classes...which is their ultimate goal...to start 60 people each term.
Where do you live etc?
- 0Jun 15, '09 by RosesRNhello all! i found nice apartments at Hidden Valley, just a few miles from the school, they are actually like townhouses, with lots of mature trees. around $900 for a 2/2. Check craigslist. They are owned by individuals so you could probably negotiate the rent since people love to rent to nursing students. You have a lot of credibility. When looking for housing and i mention i am a nursing student, they bypass the credit check, lol!
I got accepted to Remington, but I decided to go to another school. It is only 12k, and 3 semesters long with a long winter and summer break.
good luck to you all! i really wanted to go to Remington, but I really can't justify the 30k when I can go for 12k.
- 0Jun 17, '09 by bcdgeminiHey mimsiemendez, and everyone else looking for roomies. I just got my acceptance letter last Saturday, so excited and nervous. I am already overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to get situated just to move out there. I'm from San Francisco (Cali's schools are all so impacted or even more expensive) would love to find one female roommate . I'm F/25/athletic/health conscious/super friendly and easy to get along with (like to have stuff in common with roomies besides the obvious). Let me know if you need a roomie, gonna take roses advice and look into Hidden Valley
- 0Jun 18, '09 by bcdgeminiThat sounds great Floridave (very creative with the name by the way). Question: I'm now considering looking at apartments in a community (don't know if that's what it's considered down there) between Lake Mary and Orlando. Do you think that's a good idea? Can you recommend any communities?
- 0Jun 19, '09 by jmh02sRoses623 :
Which program are you attending, if you don't mind me asking? The one at FAU? I'm very eager to get into an accelerated program ... This may sound silly, but seeing as how I'm already 25, I feel like i'm already "old", and am very anxious to get started with school! Thanks