Moving from NY to FL, what part/city of Fl would you recommend? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 15, '11 by MapesbmgjPine Island is exactly opposite of where you are coming from, we moved here 2 years ago and love it. The elementary school on the island is one of the best. The major hospital in the area is Lee Memorial Health Care, typical hospital system, I wouldn't say that they are great to work for, but there are much worse places. Cape coral is the closest major city, much different than the island. There are no hospitals on the island so you have to go to Cape Coral or Fort Myers to work, about 30-40 minute drive. My kids love it here too.
- Aug 16, '11 by NomijenI just wanted to add that I live in FtP and the schools here BLOW. One of my reasons for going into nursing is that I want to be able to afford private.
- Apr 2, '12 by Kiwi82Can anyone give any feedback on Fort Pierce and the lawnwood regional medical center and how the area is itself?
- Apr 4, '12 by LaurenslovelyGood luck!! I live in Brooklyn now and I'm moving to Miami Beach as soon as I get my BSN. It's beautiful, but a party city, I'm not sure if that interests you with a child. The beach is PARADISE!!
- Apr 7, '12 by nursejaeHi Guys,
Can someone please give me some advise...I have been a nurse for 8 years and have been thinking about moving to fl, I applied to florida hospital and they have offered me a rate of $26.45 per hr, current, I make 37 per hr. I was wondering what is the take home pay after taxes...and do you guys think this would be a good move......what is the vacation time in fl, and is florida hosp a good place to work...I was offered a job on the med/psych unit..........thnks
- Apr 7, '12 by NYCRN16Where in Florida are they paying $26.45/hr for 8 years of experience? I'm at 9 years here in NYC and am narrowing down a few places to live in Florida but these salaries are horrible!
- Apr 9, '12 by nursejaeHi NYCRN16,
Florida Hospital offered me that quote. The pay is definately horrible...what is the pay in NYC
- Apr 9, '12 by NYCRN16I have 9 yrs plus CEN I make around $42/hr.I understand that I'm going to take a pay cut. I can stomach going to maybe $35/hr but not less than $30, no way.The Florida hospital chain mentioned sees to center around Orlando, I hope the space coast hospitals aren't paying the same pitiful rates!
- Apr 9, '12 by SuperMeghan91I really really really don't recommend moving anywhere near orlando. I lived there when I was a kid, and it was already becomming trashy, now anywhere semiaffordable is the absolute ghetto. I suggest moving to Southwest Florida. Rent is affordable, the beaches are nice, if you move to a retirement area, it's very safe. I live in Port Charlotte/Englewood area and we never lock our doors.
Good luck getting $30 an hour though. I've known people with years of experience complain about only being offered $22 an hour. Each hospital is different, but you won't get paid what you did when you lived in New York.
- Apr 9, '12 by nursejaeHi Super Meghan91,
Do you know the pay in Fort lauderdale, is it possible to make at least 30 in that area...also do you have to pay for health insurance are does the hospital....and what percent tax do you pay on your salary...I keep hearing people say there is no state tax in fl....