Broward College August 2013
- 1Aug 3, '12 by Fearless_leaderHello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'm starting this thread for students looking to start(ing), and (or) finishing there pre's by spring of 2013 at Broward College. Also for those who are entering (or) looking to enter the Nursing Program in Fall 2013.
We are exactly one year away from this program. So tell me what classes are you taking or have left?
I have Fall Math Intermediate, A&P II lab only, and Computers (need 6 credits to get loans.) Winter College Algebra or Statistics and Chem 1032& Chem lab
Summer Microbiology and Micro Lab.
Yesterday I visted advisement at South, and when I was leaving I got a wake up call that now I will only live, eat, breath nursing school. I never felt this way before. Once me and my advisor went over my Education Plan I started to feel that school going to get harder. Hey I can do this and so can you.
** Let me know your thoughts guys. Until....
Poll: Do you think Broward College Pre's should have change or stayed the same?
22 Votes / Multiple Choice
I like the credit change.
The preq's should have stayed the same.
I think it's great because it helps more students to become prepared for the nursing program.
This is just a setup for more students to fail and for the school to get more money out of us.
- 56,253 Visits
- 1Aug 3, '12 by dream61792Hello I got accepted into the August 2012 generic RN program.I will tell everyone that you have to work really hard and be dedicated also very Focus this semester Broward only accepted applicants with 3.5 gpa and higher 3.4 applicants were only picked if someone declined their seat. I know the requirements for next year will change. I did not have to take algebra only chemistry. Stay very focus and complete all your classes u need for graduation before u apply to the program because there will be no time to take them once u start the program.I can not tell much about how the program is because I will start August 24 but I have heard that u need to work very hard to stay in it. It separates the weak from the strong.I wish the best of luck to everyone
- 0Aug 21, '12 by Fearless_leaderI'm getting ready to study the HESI Entrance exam. Broward College has changed how many times we can take the test. It use to be as many times as we wanted. Now as of July 2012 we can only take it twice. The first time we take it and do not pass it or a section. You have to wait 6 months in order to take the next one. Therefore, do your very best to pass it the first time. I'm not strong in math, however I have no other choice but to be strong because Math is everywhere in this journey.
I plan on using these sites
~ [COLOR=#003366]http://caring4you.net/Hesi_StudyGuide.pdf[/COLOR] read thoroughly and did the self-tests to know exactly what I was lacking and how to do it, math fractions/percentages, even includes Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and more! I thank God for Anneliese Garrison, RN at caring4you.net for the West Coast University HESI Study Guide!!
~ [COLOR=#003366]HESI A2 vocab flashcards | Quizlet[/COLOR] Vocabulary - took the "test" multiple times and found that this along with others at quizlet (just type HESI A2 in the search box) was beneficial... such as [COLOR=#003366]Measurement conversions flashcards | Quizlet[/COLOR] for conversions, etc. See another: [COLOR=#003366]Testing Endocrine System - HESI | Quizlet[/COLOR]
~ [COLOR=#003366]"+(dtit.length>0?decodeURIComponent(dtit.charA t(0) .toUpperCase()+dtit.substr(1)):"Practice Test")+"[/COLOR] helped with metric conversion and it is timed (good practice for quick thinking during test)
~ [COLOR=#003366]Solving Percent Problems - YouTube[/COLOR] Percentages were a bit tricky for me so I absolutely adored this guy's method for learning it BxR=P. Then .... [COLOR=#003366]Percent and Ratio Practice Questions[/COLOR] Practiced with these! Answers are at the bottom of the page
As well as my Hesi book and a Barrons Nursing Entrance Exam Book. It's August now and I originally planned to take the HESI in December until I realized the new requirements for HESI, so... by October I should have taking it. I have A&P 2 to retake Lab, Math1033, and HUN1202 (Nutrition) this semester.
What are you using???Last edit by Fearless_leader on Aug 21, '12 : Reason: typo
- 0Aug 21, '12 by Getting To GreatI am in the same boat as you...I have the hesi book as well and I take it everywhere I go. I'm using the book as well as quizlet which is very helpful. One issue for me is that I recently moved to Melbourne, FL which is like a 1 hour and 40 min drive, but I am determine to do what I got to do. Good Luck to all of us!Last edit by Getting To Great on Aug 21, '12 : Reason: typo
- 0Nov 16, '12 by Yankeesgirl907Ive been seeing a lot lately about " psychology" do we need that? or are people just taking it to boost their GPA in case they look at overall GPA? it's not needed though right? if not, would you suggest it be taken? I was thinking DEP2004.
Would like to know what everyone else is taking..this is what I have
AP1 = A
AP1 Lab = B
HCP = Finished at Sheridan Tech
I am currently taking AP2/Lab and then CHM1032 for Winter 2013. Is the Micro still required for the program for August 2013?
- 0Nov 17, '12 by Larimar7Quote from Yankeesgirl907You should meet with an advisor. It appears that CHM1032 is being replaced with a math course. And yes, Micro& Lab is a pre-req.Ive been seeing a lot lately about " psychology" do we need that? or are people just taking it to boost their GPA in case they look at overall GPA? it's not needed though right? if not, would you suggest it be taken? I was thinking DEP2004.Would like to know what everyone else is taking..this is what I haveAP1 = AAP1 Lab = B ENC1101= AHCP = Finished at Sheridan Tech I am currently taking AP2/Lab and then CHM1032 for Winter 2013. Is the Micro still required for the program for August 2013?