I apologize.. - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 19 by afjgnpI am so sorry you have to be exposed to that. Big hug to you. Sometimes you have to leave for your own sanity.
God Bless you.
- Jan 19 by mazyDon't ever apologize for wanting to work in an environment where you can actually be an effective nurse. Don't cry that you have failed, don't worry that you have let people down.
Your alternatives were to either stay there and sink, and not help anyone at all, or move on to something better where you can be a good nurse and provide your patients with a fighting chance of surviving the experience of being caught up in the healthcare system.
The way healthcare works these days we need nurses who are willing to take a stand, and you have done that. Hopefully in the future you can give yourself a thumbs up instead of feeling like so bad about yourself.
In the meantime
- Jan 19 by LaRNAlrighty then..... don't let it happen again
- Jan 20 by LadyFree28Quote from LaRN^^^ Exactly.Alrighty then..... don't let it happen again
You will find your place in nursing...I CONGRATULATE YOU on you desire of being a nurse on your own terms...safe, and competent!!! (It IS POSSIBLE, despite what you have seen!!!!) *HUGS*
- Jan 23 by nmercer1I must say I have had days/jobs just like this. I don't feel like you have any reason to apologize. I feel like you did the BEST you could do, and I don't even know you. This was clearly a BAD environment and the fact that you had the guts to stand up for yourself and walk away before you injured someone or lost your patience with the patients or staff speaks volumes for the type of person you are. You will find a place that accepts you for who you are, that wants you to flourish, and become the BEST nurse you can be. No one deserves to work in such a toxic environement. Thank you for sharing your experience and May God Bless you on this path of Nursing for many years to come.