How can I know when a New Grad Program opens?Register Today!
- by RomanaRN Oct 19, '11I heard that you have to be in the list as soon as you can, otherwise, if you apply after... the chance of rejection is pretty high!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=630631©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 510 Views
- Oct 19, '11 by fromtheseaRNwhatever program you're looking at should list the dates they accept applications on their website. most programs i know of are already in the interview process for the january starts, applications were accepted in september.
- Oct 20, '11 by RomanaRNI understand that... but how do u know when each hospital has one? do u have to check one by one????
There are so many hospital in California... any shortcut? :-)
- Oct 20, '11 by MeriwhenKeep checking the websites.
I think Sharp and Kaiser have just opened up for new grad applications. The problem is that the application windows are usually pretty narrow, usually just a couple of weeks.
- Oct 24, '11 by pitayaCheck the hospital websites you're interested in EVERY DAY. I applied for new grad programs and my top hospital only had the applications up for one week online, so I had to be persistent in my checking or else I would have missed it.
- Oct 24, '11 by mom35I check all hospital websites in my area q. day and I check on indeed.com and simplyhired.com for hospitals that I could possibly relocate to. Unfortunately many of us are either having to relocate or drive a long commute to get in a new grad program-at least that is my experience in DFW texas! Good Luck and be persistant!
- Oct 25, '11 by not.done.yetYep, you have to check each one individually every single day. Good luck.
- Oct 25, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88I've been checking every day and calling nurse recruiters.
- Oct 25, '11 by missEis kaiser officially open for new grads or are they still just accepting apps for future employment?
- Oct 25, '11 by MeriwhenQuote from missEI don't know: I'm not a new grad so I wasn't specifically looking for programs--I just happened to come across their new grad posting a few days ago. I'd check with the Kaiser website for the latest info.is kaiser officially open for new grads or are they still just accepting apps for future employment?