LPN to RN bridge through Excelsior - page 2
Hello all, I know there are many threads containing information about the Excelsior online LPN to RN bridge program. I am creating a new thread because I could not find answers to a few of my questions. Background... Read More
- 0Jun 10, '12 by BarbaraNMhi gypsy...
what i meant by the oct 1 deadline... they are changing the requirements for students enrolled after that date. this is from excelsior's website:
"changes to the associate degree in nursing program requirements. as of october 1, 2012, future students will no longer be able to take "nurx 104 essentials of nursing care: health safety" prior to enrollment.
- the anatomy and physiology and the microbiology requirements will be accepted toward the associate degree in nursing if they were completed no more than five years prior to the date of enrollment and meet the content requirements as outlined in the current nursing catalog.
- the anatomy and physiology and the microbiology requirements must be completed before registering for associate degree in nursing theory examinations with the exception of the transition to the registered professional nurse role examination.
"school of nursing general education credit limitation. the school of nursing limits the acceptance of credit from the national college credit recommendation service (national ccrs) and the american council on education (ace) to 25% of the general education component towards the nursing degree requirements. no credit from these sources will be accepted for core requirements. acceptance of credit earned from military training, clep, and dantes examinations will not be limited.
this policy will affect all students enrolled on or after october 1, 2012.
a maximum of 7 credits from these sources can apply to the associate degrees in nursing programs and a maximum of 15 credits can apply to the bachelor of science in nursing degree and the rn to master of science in nursing."
so... what i meant by now or never... some of my sciences are 5+ years old, so if i don't enroll by oct 1, i will lose the chance, because i don't want to take them over!!
if you haven't already done so, i would encourage you to apply. you will need official transcripts from all of your prior classes. the application fee is $80 for a preliminary review of your credits. it take 3-5 weeks to get it back.
- 0Jun 14, '12 by gypsynurseOh, good grief,.... ! I am no where near any of that.... I am just starting out again..... I have my LPN, in Florida, and my RPN , here in Canada, and it is a long road I guess... ! but I want to start it NOW ! all of that info sounds like a foreign language... maybe, just tired from work.... lol.... I have no prereq's, not sure if Excelsior is the right fit for me,.... but was going to finally give it a shot... will go anywhere at this point !
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP THOUGH !
- 1Jun 14, '12 by BarbaraNMGypsy...
Here is the Degree Chart for the AS and AAS degrees:
Look over ALL your past credits, for the Nursing classes you have taken in FL and Canada... I'll bet you've got some of the General Education requirements!
Next step is to apply, after requesting official transcripts from past schools.
- 0Oct 7, '12 by KishJWI just enrolled in the lvn to rn transition and Im terrified that this financial obligation has been made in error! I was feeling rushed and pressured bc of the October 1 deadline, so I signed up for the payment plan. Please, anyone with suggestions on study material or any words of encouragement at this point...
- 0Oct 7, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from gypsynurseHi gypsynurse... did you ever apply to Excelsior? I enrolled just before Oct 1! Wishing you luck....Thank, YOU Barb ..... I will ... I am looking at so many different directions right now.... my head is going to burst ! But still as an LPN, want to get that RN ASN ASAP ! LOL.....
- 0Oct 7, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from KishJWHi KishJW, Relax! Take a deeeeeep breath.... yes, it is a big financial obligation, but one that will pay off many times over! The 'pay as you go' aspect is especially appealing to me, and the payment plan also looks to be a good choice.I just enrolled in the lvn to rn transition and Im terrified that this financial obligation has been made in error! I was feeling rushed and pressured bc of the October 1 deadline, so I signed up for the payment plan. Please, anyone with suggestions on study material or any words of encouragement at this point...
Go to Excelsior's website, look at the various exams, and decide which one you will do first... are you done with all your pre-reqs? I only have Micro, and I think I'm going to finish that first. (WISH I had done it before enrolling....) Health Safety and Transitions will likely be my first two Nursing exams.
Good luck to you... we can DO this!!