Excelsior College & California
- 1Jan 20, '11 by NurseCubanitaRN2bOk, just got an update from a friend of mine who has been in contact with the CABRN. They have confirmed that Excelsior graduates who graduated after the cut off date can not only NOT apply for initial licensure, nor can they even apply for endorsement. They are flat out denying everybody because of the lack of clinical experience concurrent with theory. Even if you have worked as a RN in another state with sufficient experience, they wont even look at the application. But they will surely take your money just to deny you. For those of you who are lucky enough to live in a state that accepts the education, count your blessings as you are truely blessed to have Excelsior as an option. Unfortunately not all of us are lucky. Good Luck to all!
- 15,783 Views
- 1Jan 20, '11 by rshenryYep this is true! I am VERY anger about this! California BRN is just awful. I contacted them and asked what additional clinical could I do to satisfy them. Keep in mind that I am currently employed and working in acute care as an RN. I was told to complete an approved ADN program. Wow! I can't believe this!
- 1Hahahahaha uhhhh you already have completed an approved & ACCREDITED ADN program. That's pure bull poopies because they allow international graduates to complete their clinical rotation that they are lacking in. Why is Excelsior totally banned. CA needs to get with the program and treat all schools equal.
- 1Jan 21, '11 by txspadequeenRNca has a real issue with nursing education especially since one does not have to attend a approved school of vocational nursing to become a lvn...given the right cna experience and a pharm course....then they refuse a fully accreditation program because of lack of clinical time....whhooo hoooo the injustice
Quote from nursecubanitarn2bhahahahaha uhhhh you already have completed an approved & accredited adn program. that's pure bull poopies because they allow international graduates to complete their clinical rotation that they are lacking in. why is excelsior totally banned. ca needs to get with the program and treat all schools equal.
- 0Change your address to a Nevada and claim as your home so CA WON'T take your income taxes.
The BRN claimed that Excelsior doesn't follow. CA Nursing Practice Act 1426 but yet it was brought to their attention that there are foreign schools that don't meet CA Nursing Practice Act 1425 and yet those graduates from those schools are allowed to sit for NCLEX-RN. The BRN has yet to answer the million dollar question as to how come those graduates can sit for NCLEX-RN And Excelsior graduates don't even have any endorsement priviledges.
- 0Jan 22, '11 by Nurse_AngelaNV2CAI called the CA BRN the other day and they seemed irritated that I even called them. I was told that I wont be able to endorse my Nevada license into CA as an Excelsior graduate because my school is not CA approved. I asked them how many of their schools are NLNAC approved. They got even more irritated but I did not care.