Anyone use Studyguide 101 for fcca?
- 0May 3, '13 by hopesgramcrackerI noticed that studyguide 101 offers notes for the fcca, just wondering if anyone used them and are they worth it. I used them for all of my other testing and most were good but not sure if I should use them for the fcca. I am starting the fcca on Monday and I need to gather my resources to study with.
- 2,755 Visits
- 0May 3, '13 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorMost students who have taken the FCCA recommend the actual textbooks as the best resources. Studygroup101 says that its careplan and assessment study guide is good review for the FCCA, but it does not say that it is an actual FCCA study guide. I wouldn't count it as a primary resource.
Good luck on the FCCA!
- 0May 3, '13 by BrillyDthe sg101 studyguide looks good, i got it about a month ago and it has video links, quizzes and excercises for assessment and delegation and the other areas. i would recommend getting it a few weeks before so you can practice up beforehand, which is what i did - starting fcca next week also.
- 0May 10, '13 by ctcpeteI know others like SG, I quit using it. I found errors in one of the early tests the entire answer key was out of sync and they would not send me a corrected version. Seems like a bunch of stuff they pull off the web.
Also, it just seems like a low quality product. I like practice questions but I like the kind you get from a good NCLEX study cd which has rationales like Saunders etc. I actually like to read the chapters to really understand the logic. But to each their own.
- 0May 10, '13 by CeraRNBSNctcpete - you did report an error in the only study guide that you have purchased, microbiology - we did correct the error as soon as you made us aware of it and sent you an updated study guide. There are no NCLEX study courses for microbiology that I know of and we do offer quizzes with rationales for our nursing study guides.
- 0Aug 4, '13 by ctcpeteQuote from CeraRNBSNJust stumbled across this, let me stress, I asked for and did not receive a replacement, I then gave a mediocre rating on e bay.ctcpete - you did report an error in the only study guide that you have purchased, microbiology - we did correct the error as soon as you made us aware of it and sent you an updated study guide. There are no NCLEX study courses for microbiology that I know of and we do offer quizzes with rationales for our nursing study guides.