***FYI Excelsior students can get Licensed in Cali*** - page 3

I have a very good friend that graduated from Excelsior college a year and a half ago, and she resides in Ga. She just got her Cali Rn license by endorsement. So you have to be an Rn in another state... Read More

  1. by   JustBeachyNurse
    Quote from jlarew
    How recently was this? I'd like to attend Excelsior but not if I can't get licensed in CA. I'm considering moving there but I would have at minimum a year experience as a RN prior to moving. I had psych and OB in my clinical rotations in LPN school. Thank you!

    The original post is from 3 years ago. Clinical rotations in LPN school are irrelevant to RN training/CABRN
  2. by   featherzRN
    Sorry, you can't get licensed in California if you graduated excelsior after 2003. There may be exceptions, but I would not count on it. I'm an excelsior grad with a CA license, but I graduated a LONG time before 2003. :P
  3. by   gnjoy
    They just denied me
  4. by   gnjoy
    I'm going to appeal.
  5. by   applesxoranges
    I've heard they're pretty strict about their rules.
  6. by   gnjoy
    It is a small section on appeals. You have to have 810 hrs of clinical. I have well over that in experience
  7. by   Hotyoungmom
    Please post if your able to get the license. That would be wonderful news.
  8. by   gnjoy
    I was told I couldn't appeal because I wasn't denied a license. Told to go through Bsn program with clinical component
    Last edit by gnjoy on Oct 22, '16 : Reason: Misspelled word
  9. by   applesxoranges
    Quote from gnjoy
    It is a small section on appeals. You have to have 810 hrs of clinical. I have well over that in experience
    Is it clinical or is it experience?
  10. by   Rod, BSN, RN
    Have you found a BSN program with a clinical component? If so, which program are you looking into? I'm in the same boat as you right now.
  11. by   DnCali
    I am licensed here in California and graduated in 2005. It is NOT that you must be graduated by 2003, but rather enrolled in the program by December 5, 2003. You must maintain enrollment with no gaps. Potentially, if you enrolled by this date and kept up your enrollment, you would be allowed in California when you graduated....regardless of the graduation date. Besides this clause, there is no other way. The information is on the boards web site and Excelsior's as well. California has become very picky.
  12. by   dbfitch
    Correct - it isn't possible for anyone who enrolled in Excelsior after 2003. You can, however, practice in CA through a federal job with a license from another state. Military hospitals, federal prisons, some Indian agencies, VA, etc.
  13. by   Eddie_Z
    This is exactly the news that I was hoping for