Any entreprenurial nurses out there?Register Today!
- by marnacla Aug 10, '08I just went to a seminar and am all hyped up. I think it is time for us to get down to business. I've been in ICU, management, legal nurse consulting and all that crap for 20 years and think it is time for a change. Anybody out there interested in brainstorming about business ideas? Working for themselves as RN's?Last edit by sirI on Aug 10, '08 : Reason: please do not post your personal contact information
- Aug 10, '08 by sirIHello, marnacla,
I moved your thread to the Entrepreneurs in Nursing forum for a better response.
Many of us here are entrepreneurs. Hope to see your posts here and see your ideas.
- Aug 16, '08 by HolisticNPSure! I love to brainstorm with like-minded people. I've tried a variety of things, also-different nursing specialties and LNC. I enjoyed what I did, and I really went for it, but it never felt quite right- until now, anyway. I like to teach and write, so I followed my passion and then went the infopreneur route. I've taken that a step further, too. What is your real passion? That is the real question, I think. It is probably a real good time to think about that now that you're hyped up. What really gets you hyped? What are you thinking about? I know there are some real nurse entrepreneur experts here!
Quote from marnaclaI just went to a seminar and am all hyped up. I think it is time for us to get down to business. I've been in ICU, management, legal nurse consulting and all that crap for 20 years and think it is time for a change. Anybody out there interested in brainstorming about business ideas? Working for themselves as RN's?
- Aug 16, '08 by marnaclaMy passion is having a lot of fun while earning! I'm pretty diverse - raw food nutrition specialist, that kind of thing. But all that aside, I used to give talks on health to the townsfolk while I was living in a little coastal town in Oregon and LOVED it. It didn't pay the rent but I had a ball!
- Aug 16, '08 by HolisticNPRaw food nutrition specialist is a very interesting niche. Have you thought of a way to make some money teaching what you know about? There are so many health implications associated with nutrition, of course, and being a nurse buys you some well deserved credibility.
Quote from marnaclaMy passion is having a lot of fun while earning! I'm pretty diverse - raw food nutrition specialist, that kind of thing. But all that aside, I used to give talks on health to the townsfolk while I was living in a little coastal town in Oregon and LOVED it. It didn't pay the rent but I had a ball!
- Dec 8, '08 by PeacefulHeartHello all! I just joined today...I too am very interested in going off in my own direction. I am very involved in all things holistic and am actually doing a program right now through AIHT for holistic health. I would like to teach and write and love children. I actually enjoy so many things that narrowing it down for focus has been challenging.
Any advice out there, especially by those who have chosen to focus on nutrition or holistic modalities I could really use your advice!
Glad to be here!
- Jan 18, '09 by CoachBarbaraI've just joined this forum and would love to brainstorm with others re starting a business. Some of the best small businesses have started with a brain trust of people. Please let me know if you are still interested in this (just noticed your original post date).
- Jan 27, '09 by 1BlessedRNI would love to put some type of OTC med or vitamin out..patented or created by a nurse...any immune system needs reboosting & rejuvenize from time to time...any thoughts of how to get started?
ex:Airborne created by a schoolteacher without the lawsuits drama...
- Mar 30, '09 by beccarnerBarbara, I am working in ER and see sooo many folks on drugs, and soo many teens that are not supervised by parents. Teen pregnancy. How could I become independant and go out and speak to folks regarding any of these social issues? Could a nurse make a living doing this? Do you think I could start out part-time and see how it is recieved? Any advice or idea's
- Mar 31, '09 by CoachBarbaraHI Beccarner:
I just read your post and I honestly do not have an answer for you. I do have lots of questions: what would you want to tell teens re your experience? Are there other topics besides drugs/pregnancies you'd like to include?
I think it would be fun to have a teleconference call for all nurses interested in branching out on their own to brainstorm and share. It's so hard to be all alone and make it happen---things start to come together in groups.
what do you think of that idea? If you like it, how do we mobilize others to join us? I'm of the philosophy the more the better.
Please give me your thoughts on this.