ICE " in case of emergency " apps worth it ? - page 5
A co-worker told me about ICE apps that have all your med info listed for EMS / ER if you are found passed out . She said EMS always looks at your Phone for this app. I have a pice of paper in my wallet with my info and one in... Read More
- 0May 29, '11 by SpEdtacularI've looked in wallets but not usually phones (sometimes i'll check for a mom, dad, home #). Never phone apps. If you're at home some people keep their medical history and personal information on their refrigerators (I lived in a town that gave a "file of life" to the seniors, best idea ever) so sometimes we'll look there. If you take medications that's not a bad place to keep medical information because we look at those. Someone mentioned Medical alert jewelry.
- 0Jun 14, '11 by Roy FokkerI have ICE on my phone, my wallet carries all my relevant info.
But 'my primary source' are my dog-tags: one tag with my name, blood type, and allergies; the other tag with "Contact" and following information.
I don't take my tags off. Ever
EDIT: No serious (or chronic) medical conditions - yet. But I'll add 'em to my tags too...Last edit by Roy Fokker on Jun 14, '11 : Reason: see EDIT
- 0Aug 1, '11 by ElginiteSherman's ICE app works even when the phone is locked since it puts the emergency contact info on the wallpaper. That way the info is on the same screen as the lock screen. You do not need to lock the screen to get at the emergency contact info. This app is made available for other hospitals to customize with their own brand info since it's a valuable, possibly life-saving tool. See http://iceapp.dcinteractivegroup.com/
- 0Aug 23, '11 by ElginiteQuote from TrekfanYes, I have it on my iPhone and it works when locked -- well, at least it gives the emergency info name and phone number when locked so paramedics or anyone else know who to call. It allows you to put the information on the wallpaper (lock screen) so it comes on when you start up the phone, before you put in your pass code.has anyone seen this app in use? how is it displayed on the phone ? does it come up on the look screen ?
- 1Mar 20, '12 by ElginiteThe app puts your ice contact on the LOCK screen so that it can be seen without having to unlock the phone. While you cannot get into the app without first unlocking the phone, you can at least get the name and phone number of the contact person without unlocking the phone. That person can give good emergency info and maybe even the lock code.