drunk EDORegister Today!
- by pmbyke Aug 21, '12had episode in ER today. Can you EDO a drunk person who makes statements about harming self? What if a (only) drunk person wants to leave ER, can you hold them or do you let them walk out into street? Risk mgt says you can not EDO drunk person until sober and call cops when you let a drunk person leave, but try hard to talk them into sleeping it off (SIO protocol). any thoughts?
- Aug 22, '12 by nurse2033What's EDO? Mental health hold?
- Aug 22, '12 by LunahRNEmergency detainment order, most likely.
- Aug 23, '12 by pmbykeyes. 72 hour hold.
- Aug 23, '12 by emtb2rnHold until sober or a (sober) ride comes in to pick them up. If talking self-harm, automatic hold until sober and can get psych eval. We get a lot of sad drunks who retract their si statements when the booze wears off.