Nurses fired for refusing flu vaccine - page 7
by BrandybunsRN | 17,292 Views | 132 Comments
While I personally do not like the flu shot either.... I have been required to get a Hep B vaccine, MMR all current, etc etc .... so not sure how this is so different?... Read More
- 0Jan 5, '13 by esrun00Goshen Hospital Employees Fired After Refusing Mandatory Flu Shot (VIDEO)
It sounds like the religion objection were their final hope. "I believe in God and he will protect me from the flu". Each hospital in the system is responsible for the firing of the staff, so I expect there will be more terminated.
- 0Jan 6, '13 by GarethausPalmHarbourMum - I know the study you are talking about - I havent based my belief on just that one study. Was it discredited really, I just don't know. After all.....when you are over the target everyone is shooting at you, natch. I collect as much information as I could to form what I think. I try to find the best evidence and compare it.....
So, for one typical example, one journal I have read found that in comparison with unvaccinated children, US children who were injected with the thiomersal containing vaccine were nine times more likely to have a developmental disability - Source: Gallagher C & Goodman M 2008, ‘Hepatitis B triple series vaccine and developmental disability in US children aged 1-9 years’ Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, vol. 90, no. 5, pp.997-1008.
And so on and so on with the research. All what I'm finding for myself is that a good case is being made for autism being caused by vaccines. Thimerosal and aluminium in vaccines are toxins with proven neurological effects. Just makes sense to me for them to be the culprit.
Saying its something else responsible for autism I feel ignores the elephant in the room. From what I've read I see that the higher the rate of vaccines being given in countries, this results in a higher rate of diagnosed autism in that country.
Quote from PalmHarborMomGarethaus- You do realize that the doctor that did the studies indicating a correlation between vaccines and autism is a fraud, right? He has lost his license and career due to this fraudulent study that sparked a huge increase in parents not vaccinating their kids. By continuing to spew this misinformation, especially by medical personnel, it only adds fuel to the fire.Last edit by Garethaus on Jan 6, '13 : Reason: perfection
- 2Jan 6, '13 by PalmHarborMomGarethaus- I have done an extraordinary amount of reading on Autism and vaccines because my son has Autism. Thimerosol has been used in vaccines since the 1930's; yet, there was not a uptick in Autism rates until 60 years later. I am all for more research into what causes autism but do not believe that vaccines are the answer. If it were the vaccines, there would be a consistent percentage of children that had Autism. But there are huge differences state to state, ethnicity compared to other ethnicities, and socioeconomic differences. It seems that there are states that have a 1 in 47 kids that have Autism and others that are 1 in 208; yet they all receive vaccines with Thimerosol. As of yet, I have seen no research that explains irregularities convincingly.
- 0Jan 6, '13 by GarethausPalmHarbourMom - why is it then so many parents on the Net report their experiences with their children becoming Autistic resulted from the administration of a vaccine/ or vaccines. Am I supposed to ignore that? I don't believe its just the thimerosal. It's not necessarily just aluminium either, I think a number of toxins / elements in the vaccines could be responsible as well for developmental problems. It could even be due to the construction methods of the vaccines themselves. The more I research, I am not finding good things related to the making and composition of vaccines. I go by evidence not feelings and evidence is pointing to something seriously wrong with vaccine manufacture.
- 3Jan 6, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RNThere's a sharp uptick in brain growth and connectivity at about 15 months, coincident with the big incidence of vaccines. There is research looking at whether something goes wrong at that stage of development regardless of vaccines. Association is not causation, no matter how seductive.
- 0Jan 6, '13 by morteMaybe they should shift some of the vaccines to later on ??Quote from GrnTeaThere's a sharp uptick in brain growth and connectivity at about 15 months, coincident with the big incidence of vaccines. There is research looking at whether something goes wrong at that stage of development regardless of vaccines. Association is not causation, no matter how seductive.
- 2Jan 6, '13 by klone, BSN, RNQuote from GarethausHopefully your schooling has taught you that anecdotal parental reports on the internet are not really valid when it comes to scientific research.PalmHarbourMom - why is it then so many parents on the Net report their experiences with their children becoming Autistic resulted from the administration of a vaccine/ or vaccines. Am I supposed to ignore that?
- 1Jan 6, '13 by XmasShopperRNQuote from SharonH, RNUnfortunately the incubation period, or time from exposure to initial symptom presentation, for influenza is anywhere from 1 to 4 days. So while someone may be willing to stay home if they become ill, they've potentially already exposed people unknowingly to the flu virus for several days. I'm not a huge fan of mandatory vaccinations, but I comply because I'd feel terrible to think that I was the reason why a little sick old lady who was my pt caught the flu.
From the article:
I've never had the flu and were I to ever get sick, I have no problem staying home and not exposing others. I have a real problem with this guy claiming that nurses do not put patient safety first.
- 0Jan 7, '13 by GarethausQuote from kloneAs a future nurse I must of course go by evidence-based research. That is why I am shifting to not be in favour of vaccines considering what is in them.Hopefully your schooling has taught you that anecdotal parental reports on the internet are not really valid when it comes to scientific research.
Additionally, it would be silly for me to ignore what parents disclosure on the Net about what happened to their child after recieving a vaccine. There's not one, there's lots. Why are there so many?