Anyone know of any ICU internships or know where they hire new RN for ICU?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone know of any ICU internships or know where they hire new RN for ICU? in Critical Care Nursing ... Hi, I am trying to find who would take new nurses into the ICU or where there is an ICU internship....by stacia77 Aug 31, '11Hi, I am trying to find who would take new nurses into the ICU or where there is an ICU internship. I have been an RN in Med Surg/Telemetry for a year. My goal is CRNA. But, to get the experience, you have to get in!!! Haha...any one know? I am in Florida but looking to relocate pretty much anywhere.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=611887©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Sep 4, '11 by NickiLaughsI don't think you qualify for New grad programs since you have a year experience. Most hospitals prefer to hire experienced ICU nurses in my area. I think your best bet is get into a facility where you can at least do step down, and then maybe transfer to ICU. Sometimes hospitals will hire experienced RN's for their ICU and train them, but the position is just posted and doesn't really mention internship or anything on the website. I used to work at a hospital that did that out in San Bernardino, CA. St. Bernardines Medical Center. I don't know if they still do it though. And I'm not sure what part of the country you are looking.
If you meet their qualifications such as:
One year of experience required in a hospital setting, ACLS, BLS, blah blah blah, I'd go ahead and apply.
PS. Don't mention CRNA in the interview unless you mention it's a long term goal. The ICUs are over hiring nurses who only planning working in the ICU long enough to be able to get in a program.
- Sep 5, '11 by SAMISA09Try integriss hospital in Oklahoma. I saw many this summer. Not sure if u would want to relocate to OK from FL good luck!
- Sep 12, '11 by libbyliberalA year on a telemetry floor or a progressive care unit is an excellent foundation for transferring to the ICU. You will become familiar with rhythms, acls drugs, cardioversion, insulin, cardizem, integrelin, heparin and amiodarone gtts and it will make you a strong candidate for hiring into the ICU.
- Sep 12, '11 by ResponsibleNot internship program but do hire new grads and train. Grants Pass Oregon
- Sep 14, '11 by stacia77Thank you!!! I will look into that Responsible!
- Nov 1, '11 by CslyI don't know if you are still looking but I was hired into the ICU as a new RN with no prior hospital experience. I looked at our hospital's website and they posted an IICU position. It's Lancaster General Hospital in PA. Good luck.
- Dec 3, '11 by ashleyisawesomeSt. Luke's Hospital in PA hires new grads into ICU, and Lehigh Valley (in the same area), has a critical care internship.
- Dec 8, '11 by only1jlgHi, I will graduate tomorrow with my associates degree, and I interviewed and was hired for the cardiac thoracic ICU at Scott & White Memorial Hospital today. Scott & White is a level 1 trauma center, and a teaching hospital located in Temple Texas. They offer fellowship programs for experienced nurses so check out the website. Also if you are interested in PICU or NICU we just opened up our children's hospital and I'm sure they still need more nurses over there. Good luck on your quest!!!
- Apr 18 by Farah123Hi Stacia
I am in a similar situation. I added you as a friend, please confirm. I am in nursing school, but am willing to relocate in order to get ICU experiences.