Scrubs for PrisonRegister Today!
- by evelynkarirn Jul 2, '11Just discovered I can't wear scrubs that are:
Ceil, navy, orange, lime green, burgundy, teal, or red.
I asked, "What do I wear?" They said most people wear pink and black. Joy.
- Jul 3, '11 by Mindy,RNi work in a prison and we wear all of those colors with a printed top. for example, i'll wear ceil blue pants with a yellow tinker bell scrub top. that way i'm not confused for an inmate! at my prison they just don't want us to wear an entire outfit with those colors.
- Jul 3, '11 by evelynkarirnGood to know! I went shopping and focused on print tops. After working ED and Psych, I forgot what it's like to wear "fun" scrubs...
- Jul 5, '11 by biblepoetWhen I spent my time in the prison nursing no khakis for us that is what the inmates wore.
- Jul 7, '11 by 2003rnWe aren't allowed to wear khaki (general population inmates), red or orange (segregation i/m) or bright yellow (diagnostic i/m), we can't wear denim scrubs either.
- Aug 12, '11 by nursemichelle80I wear everything except for ceil blue. I could wear ceil blue bottoms but just choose not to. I love being able to wear any color I want. Previously worked at a hospital where we had to wear purple bottoms and white tops. Although purple is my favorite color...it was a little boring!
- Aug 20, '11 by chulada77I love it! Prison is one place you can wear super silly scrubs and get away with it. I don t wear a color that matches inmates(tan) but black is my favorite. My reasoning: they are constantly checking the nurses out but black keeps the outline from being obvious. Also dark grey matches everything! I was wearing white on white at my last hospital so i love the new dress code.