Updated info re: new grads in CT?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Updated info re: new grads in CT? in Connecticut Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi there! I'm graduating soon and of course will be facing the pretty brutal job market. Any...by MissM.RN Oct 31, '11Hi there! I'm graduating soon and of course will be facing the pretty brutal job market. Any recommendations out there for hospitals in CT that are willing to hire new grads? I will have a BSN, if that helps. Is it worth even considering a move to CT? Thanks for any insight you have!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=635793©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,044 Views
- Nov 3, '11 by CT PixieI'm in New Haven County bordering on the Fairfield County line. (Southwest corner of CT)
A new RN grad friend of mine was just hired at Yale just a week ago.
You have to look at each individual job post to see if they require experience or if they will consider new grads.
My niece was just hired as a new grad RN at St Vincent's in June.
There are several hospitals that will hire new grads. You just have to go through the job postings and look at each one as some departments/floors will consider a new grad and others won't. Just because the first post you see for a hospital says experience required doesn't mean every opening does
- Nov 3, '11 by JBMmommyI'm in a CT ADN program. A few of our instructors have commented recently that the job prospects for those of us graduating in the near future (Dec/May) have a better outlook than the grads from recent past classes. There are jobs out there for new nurses, I know two that were hired right out of school last May. Good luck.
- Nov 28, '11 by PavementRNI was hired at Gaylord Hospital in November as a new grad. It's a long term acute care hospital, and IMO is great experience.
- Jan 10, '12 by mattfd37YNHH, St V's and I believe maybe Bridgeport hire Grads. All others require you to have license in hand before applying.
- Jan 16, '12 by russodemI know the UConn Health Center will also hire new grads I don't know whether or not they'll give you a conditional hire before you pass the license exam.
- Jan 22, '12 by PavementRNGaylord will be looking to replace myself because I'm leaving for the Hospital of Central CT in early March! Gaylord is a good place to start.
- Jan 23, '12 by xenogeneticThe State of Connecticut hires a lot of new grads. Like Russodem mentioned, some Uconn Health Center nursing jobs are State jobs. Here is a central website if you want to explore working with the State. There are many different agencies within the State that hire nurses:
- Mar 24, '12 by kevxI currently work at Hartford Hospital. Many of the nurses on my floor were hired as new grads. I heard from senior management, there may be 100 openings in the hospitals this year. Good luck.