Avoid "Karing with Kindess" CNA programRegister Today!
- by amonroe457 Mar 24, '12This is a rant because I’m so mortified at some programs today. I looked into Karing With Kindness in, NJ and I warn you not to attend… I drive by their place all time so I figured I give them a call. I call and ask if I could have some info on their CNA program and the lady on the phone, I acted as if I interrupted her she told me “I have no idea, Xxxx isn’t here and doesn’t come back until Monday” and she hung up without saying anything else… It was Tuesday and although that left a sour taste in my mouth I called on Monday to speak to Xxxxx. A different lady picked up and told me Xxxxxx would be in on Tuesday at 10. So I call the next day, on my break at work around 12ish, “Xxxxx has gone home for the day, call tomorrow, she’ll be here at 10”… I call Wednesday at exactly 10, the lady picks up and informs me that Xxxxx is there, but she’s outside right now. She takes my name and number and tells me she’ll have Xxxxx call me when she comes back in… Meanwhile, I’m thinking you have a potential student/customer here and you can’t put me on hold and go get her for a minute, since she’s probably just outside smoking or something!? I get a call back TWO AND A HALF hours later. Completely lacking the answers to anything I ask, I ask when I can come in for more info, she says “uhmm now I guess”. I go only cause it’s 2 minutes away from me. It’s a very confusing place, I ask around for Xxxxx, and eventually someone says they’ll get her. I begin asking her questions, about the costs, clinicals, schedule, ect and she starts texting on her cell phone!?!?!?!?! I left after that. I did learn that no one running the program is even an RN... This has got to be one of the most UNPROFESSIONAL places ever! If you’re in South/Central New Jersey avoid this place!!!!!!Anyone know any decent CNA programs in Central Jersey?Last edit by sirI on Mar 24, '12 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST NAMES OF INDIVIDUALS
- Mar 24, '12 by interceptinglightI didn't think a CNA program could even be accredited if it didn't have an RN running the place! Good thing you split on this program and also that you're warning people. Hopefully 'Karing with Kindness' won't be around long. Geez, 'Karing'? You'd think these people would AT LEAST do a spell-check on their name.
- Mar 24, '12 by JustBeachyNurseTry the local vocational school, they have an accredited CNA program. Many of the LTC's used to offer the programs (free education then they hire you) but I'm not sure if many are doing that now with the current economy.
- Mar 24, '12 by DixieRedHeadIn some states, North Carolina being one, you don't have to have ANY education. You can challenge the test and if you pass, you are certified. Scary huh?
- Mar 24, '12 by amonroe457Sorry, about posting peoples names =X
I'm starting an LPN program in September and I figured it would be good if I got a little CNA experience first. All the other programs at vocational/community colleges in the area are full until fall. This place was the only program with no wait list and now I know why... I didn't even think of how the companies basing their program off of illiteracy, but that's a definite sign to avoid this place! haha.
- Mar 24, '12 by nguyency77Quote from hey_suzThey also seem to be hiring traps. There's a place a minute from my house that offers a "caregiving course" but it's not geared for people with sick family members. It's run by a home care agency, and I don't think you can work anywhere except for that place after you finish the course. It's close to $200.More and more "steal your money" places are popping up in healthcare. I would report this place to the state or at least the BBB.
EDIT: About the spell-check fail... Maybe they were trying to be cute?
- Mar 24, '12 by PMFB-RNQuote from DixieRedHead*** Why is that scary? If you pass the test, thus proving you know the information you should. I became a nurse by challenging the NCLEX without having attending nursing school.In some states, North Carolina being one, you don't have to have ANY education. You can challenge the test and if you pass, you are certified. Scary huh?