Announce that you passed your CNA exam here! - Page 45Register Today!
- Jun 2, '11 by DBK99I passed last month, on May 12! I took my older sister as my skill volunteer. I got partial bed bath, shampoo hair in bed, denture care and dressing patient with a weak side. I just turned in an application today for a CNA position at the hospital my mom works at. I think they're looking for someone with experience, so I may have to start out at a nursing home, or look into HHC. I start nursing school in August, I'm terrified, but I hope to graduate as an RN in May 2013!!
- Jun 19, '11 by nerolYay officially a STNA!!!
Skills: Handwashing, Denture Care, Occupied Bed, Vest Restraint in Bed & Antiembolic Stocking
- Jul 31, '11 by KaliforniaKimflwrhrts:*wineHello fellow and future CNA's! Passed my written exam 2 months ago and passed my manual skills yesterday after failing the 1st time 2 months ago. DThe written part was pretty simple if using the "common sense" answers. I'm pretty sure the manual skills are nerve-wracking for a large percentage of students. Most important advice I can give to "pre-exam" students is practice, practice, practice!!! I reviewed my skills over and over at home, using a large body pillow as a patient. Grab any items around your house for props that closely resemble the real supplies. If during your practicing you realize you forgot a step, START ALL OVER right away!! And finally, when at the testing center, do your best to CALM yourself down, and if there are any steps you keep forgetting, say those keys words to yourself right before the manual exam. Most instructors will help out with "reminders" during the skills to help you along. Trust me, I have severe anxiety issues and if I can pass, ANYBODY can! So onto the next hard part of being a CNA, finding a job . It feels so good to have accomplished the education and a great motivation for those who really enjoy the medical career. Best of luck everyone!!:redpinkheLast edit by KaliforniaKim on Jul 31, '11
- Aug 6, '11 by UTnur85Took my skills on Wednesday after failing the first one about three months ago. I don't feel very confident but lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........I called up the CNA office and they told me that I have to wait 5 to 10 days for results...sucks because I need to pass it by the end of next week...pray for me guys
- Aug 10, '11 by mymy1219I took my exam friday and I found out today that I am offically a NYC CNA !!!!!!!! I am so excited the wait was killing me. This is my first step cna Im doing my pct classes now and my pre reqs to get into nursing school. YAYYYY
- Aug 10, '11 by mymy1219My skills were dressing a patient, ROM Lower, and Pulse and respiration Three great and easy skills!
- Aug 20, '11 by EduardoLugoI got the certificate today! I finally passed the clinical part! I passed the written part on the first try, but I failed the clinical part because I was so nervous, so I screwed up. The 2nd time, I got:
Handwashing, denture care, mouth care, and transferring from bed to wheelchair.
I made some minor mistakes and I still passed!
- Aug 20, '11 by EduardoLugoQuote from UTnur85If you think you only made minor mistake then you'll pass! I made a few minor mistake! Not just 1 or 2 mistake.. more than that. I still passed.. if you make just one major mistake = FAIL..Took my skills on Wednesday after failing the first one about three months ago. I don't feel very confident but lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........I called up the CNA office and they told me that I have to wait 5 to 10 days for results...sucks because I need to pass it by the end of next week...pray for me guys
- Aug 21, '11 by In_CNA_schoolPassed written and skills first try one week ago Saturday!! It was intense. Out of 14 people, 7 passed and 7 failed. phew!
- Aug 26, '11 by Jhely06182009I passed my cna exam since Dec.17 2010.Thanks God...