Pay for RN assisting homebirth CNMRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Pay for RN assisting homebirth CNM in Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hello there, I'll be graduating with my RN in August, and have been asked by a homebirth CNM to...by doulalove Dec 31, '10Hello there,
I'll be graduating with my RN in August, and have been asked by a homebirth CNM to be her birth assistant!! I'm extremely excited and grateful for the opportunity. It feels a little early to start talking with her about pay, but I'm curious as to what pay percentage a birth assistant would typically receive? She charges $4200 per birth. I have absolutely no idea what to expect, so it'd be nice to have some sort of reference point before we discuss it. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=523634©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,970 Views
- Dec 31, '10 by CEGI was offered a similar position (which I wasn't able to take) and I *think* it was around $350 per birth. The $4200 is likely her charge for prenatal care + delivery so take into account the other expenses she is covering with that. Mothering.com forums might be a good spot to ask this question. Good luck.
- Jan 2, '11 by tablefor9Midwifery today website forums also may be great place to look for this info.
What a wonderful opportunity to get a great foundation in normal birth! Have a blast!
- Jan 2, '11 by LoveANurse09wow, sounds like a great opportunity! Good Luck!
- Jan 2, '11 by doulaloveThanks so much!!
- Jan 17, '11 by Pcherry001Just wondering if this was a person you knew personally, or just applied. This sounds like exactly what I want to do. I graduate with my BSN in August, and would love to work at a birthing center or homebirths.
- Jan 18, '11 by LoveANurse09Pcherry-I'm with you! This is like my dream job!
- Feb 3, '11 by doulaloveYes, I knew her. I actually had a homebirth and she was my midwife. We kept in touch over the past couple years, and since I've been in school, I asked if I could shadow her at prenatal visits on my days off. That turned into attending births with her, and then a job offer! This is also my dream job!!! :heartbeat
- Apr 15, '11 by bzjenI'm in the exact same position! I didn't think I would like it, but now shadowing my midwife (she delivered my babies), I LOVE it. I'm applying to frontier soon if I can make a decent grade on the MAT. My GPA sucks I'm not sure exactly how much she is going to pay me, we are still getting everything worked out. I will let you know when I do though. What is your email? I can't pm yet...still new
Ultimate goal-become a CNM & start my own birth center practice!
Good luck to you!
- Apr 16, '11 by LoveANurse09[quote=bzjen;4997605]Ultimate goal-become a CNM & start my own birth center practice!