acceptance to accelerated programs in ON - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 7, '12 by Daisy_08Quote from Rachel_NaomiNot that course, but looking at some others at Athabasca this summer. Thanks, good luck with your admissions.Hey Daisy,
Here's the thing- the material itself is interesting and I really feel like I am learning a lot. I do not regret taking the course. However, I feel that the course is misrepresented in that you actually need a stronger science background than advertised by Athabasca in order to do well. I hired someone with a Ph.D to help tutor me and she was having trouble with some of the material that has to be covered (particularly the online labs). Another person mentioned someone in medical school was covering the same material in my textbook. It's just very intense, but with a lot of work it's doable. I have no science background whatsoever, so it's probably a lot harder for me than for someone with at least some basis in biology.
Are you planning on taking it?
- Mar 8, '12 by smkim24I am also waiting on two schools, York and University of Toronto. I applied two years ago, and I got accepted into York pretty early, I think it was around late February, UofT was around April, and Western was around March. For those with higher gpa's, I think York sends out acceptances pretty quick.
- Mar 8, '12 by Rachel_NaomiQuote from smkim24Did you already have your pre-reqs done when you applied?I am also waiting on two schools, York and University of Toronto. I applied two years ago, and I got accepted into York pretty early, I think it was around late February, UofT was around April, and Western was around March. For those with higher gpa's, I think York sends out acceptances pretty quick.
Also, if you get into both, where do you think you'll choose?
- Mar 9, '12 by jbethuneQuote from Rachel_NaomiI took it through U of T's School of Continuing Studies. I'd say it wasn't easy, but was fair and I learned a lot. Surprisingly, they didn't go into the chemistry of metabolic processes at all (i.e., Krebs cycle, etc). Is that where you're struggling with the Athabasca course? Sounds rough.Where did you take your physiology course? I took mine at Athabasca and I hate it! Keep me posted on when you hear from people! I'm pretty nervous, too.
But Daisy_08, I am taking a Stats course through Athabasca and it's pretty slow-paced and easy so far.. hopefully they're not all brutal!
- Mar 11, '12 by Rachel_NaomiYeah, the course is extremely detailed (haven't gotten to the Kreb's cycle yet, but it's coming!). It's not necessarily the difficulty of the material, but the volume of the material that makes it difficult.
I keep neurotically checking 'Join U of T's' site and will let you know when I find out. Please keep me updated as well!
- Mar 11, '12 by smkim24i keep neurotically checking 'join u of t's' site and will let you know when i find out. please keep me updated as well!
did you already have your pre-reqs done when you applied?
also, if you get into both, where do you think you'll choose?
if i do get accepted to both, i will definitely go to uoft. i live near york but i know the network of hospitals (uhn i think) is better and stronger if i get a job (hopefully of course). my dad works in the it department in one of those hospitals, and personally i would just like to work and live downtown toronto.
- Mar 12, '12 by jbethunesmkim24, thanks for sharing! It's heartening to hear that you got a conditional acceptance. Hopefully U of T will be handing out more this year (I'm thinking maybe they extended the application deadline because they didn't have enough strong applicants?).
Anyway, I'm also checking the Join U of T page every day, it's terrible!! Will keep you all updated. https://secure.cnsa.ca/board/viewforum.php?f=9 is another site where folks might post when they hear
- Mar 14, '12 by smkim24Hey guys, I was looking through my old Nursing applications, and I posted the wrong dates of acceptances.
I received offers from York University in January, University of Toronto on March 18th, and Western on June 1st. Has anybody heard from York for early acceptances? I'm surprised I haven't heard back from them. I'm eagerly waiting for anything in March!
- Mar 14, '12 by Rachel_NaomiHey guys! I received a conditional offer from UWO on Monday! I am so excited and am definitely accepting. I wonder if schools are releasing acceptances earlier this year?
It's weird that they make you have a philosophy credit at York!