2nd Entry Nursing Applications for Sept. 2013 - U of T, York, McMaster
- 0Jan 18, '13 by cmkeenanHello all, Just starting a thread here for any applicants to the 2nd Entry Nursing Program for U of T, York, and Mac.
-ask questions and/or post when they have received an offer of admission or rejection
-share their marks/volunteer experience
-support each other during the super stressful waiting game
-discuss application issues, essay questions, prerequisites, etc.
There was one last year and I found it super helpful to see what others were doing, when offers were going out, and which candidates were selected. It's also a good reference for next year's potential applicants.
For myself, I have applied to U of T, Mac, York, and Dalhousie, with an A- or 3.66 GPA overall and 3.63 in my last 30 credits (10 half courses or 5 whole courses). I do not hold a Bachelor degree, but am in 3rd year at York's Honours BA Psychology, and hold an Associate of Arts from Langara College in BC. I have several years experience volunteering for an inner-city after-school program, for a crisis intervention phone line, and with fundraising.
Last year I was rejected from U of T with 3.53 in the last 30 credits, and only 2 years post-secondary. I had a C+ in one of my reported pre-requisites.
Hope this helps everyone and best of luck to you all!!
- 0Jan 24, '13 by shana0817wow are you serious that U of T rejected you for having a c+ in one preq? thats nuts! they say that you should have at least a c+ in the preq, I dont see why that affects your application!
Anyways, good luck to you.
I am applying just to York and I am super nervous because my 30 credits is a B+ and my overall is just a C+. I doubt ill get in!
- 0Feb 9, '13 by berty103Hey guys,
I applied for Western only. I only aimed at Western so I am little concerned that I won't get in but my avg is in high 80s so I think I can get in! The only downside is that I am in second year. I called in earlier but since they don't have any preference for a degree holder and it's only based on marks...I am pretty sure I can get in..hopefully Anyone else applied for Western and want to share there stats?!
- 0Feb 9, '13 by berty103No, I talked to an admission officer couple days ago & they start sending out early March! But I believe those are for people that have already completed all requirements? (I believe...)
I am not sure how they deal with people like me (only in second year) who are going to complete requirements by the end of April. I think unless you have a really high mark, you would have to wait till May? not sure..
- 1Feb 18, '13 by AshD1990Hey everyone,
I just got accepted to York's second-entry Nursing program on Feb 15th! I am so extremely excited. York was the only school that I applied to so I definitely put all my eggs in one basket- but hey, it worked! I have a 4 year honors degree in psychology and work experience as a behavioral therapist. I completed my philosophy, anatomy, and physiology prerequisites last semester at York and right now I am just doing a microbiology course.
Did anyone else get accepted? I'd love to meet some new people by the time school starts!