RPN Exam Prep Courses?Register Today!
- by 2bNurse-88 Feb 7, '11Hey all.
I'm an RPN student in Ontario, writing the CPNRE in May. I want to take a prep course, which my school offers. The problem with that is according to some instructors, our school has the "highest failing rate" for the CNO exam. I won't say which school I go to, and I don't know how much truth there is to that, but it's worries me nonetheless.
So, I want to take a prep course through another school, can anyone recommend any good RPN-Exam prep courses in southern Ontario?
- 11,401 Views
- Feb 17, '11 by indyanprincessMy school (Mohawk) has one but I didn't take it. It's expensive and it really only supposedly goes over how to write the exam not reviewing content. I used the prep guide and predictor tests and reviewed my notes from school. I agree with Leslie and Fiona. That's all you should need.
- Feb 17, '11 by loriangel14Indyanprincess is right.They only go over how to interpret questions, strategies and how to narrow down the answers.They don't really study content. They aren't worth the money. You should have all the information you need to pass right in your course work and notes.
- Feb 18, '11 by T&T08That is true. There are so many RPN exam prep courses. But some of them only go over how to interpret questions.
You may need a good prep course which will review nursing content. A comprehensive prep course will cover specific nursing language/terminology, theory, and knowledge necessary for the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE).
Good luck on your exam!
- Feb 19, '11 by broccliBeing that I just written and passed the Jan 12 CPNRE. The exam is a mixture of how to interpret a question and knowing the theory, but more on how to answer a multiple choice question well at least for the one in Jan. I found that no prep book or ASI test could have prepared me for the exam. The only reason I believed I was successful was being able to relate the questions to experiences that I had encounter through out clinical placements. Know what the question is asking you don't assume. Good luck
- May 10, '11 by hideeHI LORIANGEL14,
are you filipina ien?