LAC+USC interview new grad RN - page 9
by girl84 | 166,101 Views | 712 Comments
Hey guys, I have a question. I had an interview with LAC+USC and received a letter that I passed the oral exam. I read in the letter that they are going to contact me if positions open up. I am a new grad RN. Have you been in my... Read More
- 0Sep 15, '11 by CrisNICURNQuote from CrisRNHi!!
I had an interview with LAC+USC back in March and passed. They called me to interview for the NICU in July and I got hired. Tomorrow is my start date! I am a new grad. They are hiring a lot of new grads right now so good luck!!Quote from jelly221Thanks!! I appreciate it. Very exciting.Oh wow!! So it sounds like the hiring process is going much more quickly for county hospitals than it used to. Congratulations, and good luck!!
- 0Sep 16, '11 by volunteerpioneerQuote from sevrn 13sevrn 13: it was for icu. what happened was they called me at 5pm one day and asked if i wanted to interview for the icus, the catch was it was the next day! so i interviewed the next morning at 8am! i interviewed with 3 nurse managers from 3 diff. icus and the last question they asked me was which icu (out of the 3) i would like to go to-- i picked one, and they offered me a position at that icu that night.. all 7 icus are hiring though, and my friend got interviewed from different icu managers and got into a diff. icu than me.volunteer pioneer, did u interview for regular icu or was it for some other department?
rntriathlete : yes icu was the only position i could interview for because they offered me a position a couple hours after i interviewed. i would, up to now, love the opportunity to interview for other departments ( i donít have a real affinity for one area or another), but no other county hospitals have called me.
amoreterno: it didnít take long at all, well, the ď2 partĒ tb took awhile, but the whole process from the beginning of the hr background check to final medical clearance was 3 weeks. some people even got done faster because they had done their tb/titers ahead of time.
i had not heard from nurse recruitment in over 3 weeks, so i called yesterday to see if they still even wanted me they said they're still in the process of having it approved but they are very hopeful and assured me there's nothing to worry about. i have heard speculation that the "icu new hires" will start sometime between now and november, but they're aiming for early october.. hopefully this is correct, i'm so anxious to begin, i was offered the job aug 6!! soo long ago
- 0Sep 16, '11 by SEVRN 13OK so I interviewed Sept. 1. I only interviewed for ICU. N the recruiter I spoke to was on Vacation and Just got back in on Wednesday. It's been two weeks I haven't heard anything. At this point Im thinking I wasn't even picked for the position. I have followed up with the recruiter and left a message for her to call me at this time, i'm giving up all hope that I will be picked for the position.
- 0Sep 17, '11 by volunteerpioneerQuote from SEVRN 13I wouldn't give up hope. I swear I was the first group, if not the first person they interviewed for the ICUs. My peer didn't hear back right away and she was the week after me. And if it was Sept 1 for you, I am sure they're back-logged in their work. It makes total sense that they may be waiting to give offers at this point since they don't even know the start date. don't give up hope until you get a final say (esp with county), I wouldn'tOK so I interviewed Sept. 1. I only interviewed for ICU. N the recruiter I spoke to was on Vacation and Just got back in on Wednesday. It's been two weeks I haven't heard anything. At this point Im thinking I wasn't even picked for the position. I have followed up with the recruiter and left a message for her to call me at this time, i'm giving up all hope that I will be picked for the position.
- 0Sep 19, '11 by kristy.wQuote from NursenotsonewgradDefinitely breath and relax beforehand the nurse managers are I'm sure all really nice. I try to think about interviewers as new friends I am just meeting and they want to know about me and that has helped me to be less nervous. As for the interview itself I don't know if everyone gets the same questions but I didn't feel intimidated with the questions I was asked just be prepared for things that may include chain of command, prioritizing and assessing, patients rights. My interview felt pretty quick I think around 10 or so questions. I wish you the best of luck!! Let us know how it goesI am scheduled for an interview at LAC/USC Med surge on 09/21/11. I tend to freeze up when I am stressed so I want to be well prepared. I would love to get input. Especially from those of you who have been through this interview process. Thank you in advance.
- 1Sep 19, '11 by Nurse_JaydeeHey everyone! I interviewed for OB over a week ago and for Peds on Thursday. I still haven't heard anything yet but I will keep you guys updated. I also have a Med/Surg interview on Wednesday. I hope I get one of the positions lol...
Nursenotsonewgrad- What time is your interview? When you first get there, you're going to fill out a form. It's something like a short application form and then from there you wait to be called. Try to relax beforehand and take your time answering the questions. They ask behavioral and scenario type questions. Every interviewer I've had asked different questions. Good luck!
CrisNICURN-Congrats on getting the NICU! That is my dream position! I hope your first day went well!
SEVRN_13- Don't give up hope! Try to follow up again and if you didn't get that position, ask if you can interview for something else. Let us know how it goes
Welcome and congrats to everyone who got a position at LAC+USC and for those who will be interviewing, good luck! Keep us updated everyone
- 0Sep 22, '11 by mamdaQuote from volunteerpioneerHi everyone--
Sorry for butting into this thread, but I got excited when I found this thread today and meeting other newbies at LAC USC. I actually interviewed a looong time ago for ICU-- interviewed and was offered the position same day August 6. I passed medical and background check a looong time ago-- but the recruiters told me they're still waiting for the positions to be passed, and have been reluctant to even give me a start date, so I've been holding my breath since mid august to even get a start date
Anyway, nice meeting all of you and hope to do so in person really soon
WOW! I feel somewhat relieved to know that there are other people waiting for a start date.... I interviewed for ICU on July 27 and got a job offer the following day in CT-ICU.... I completed my health screening on Aug. 26 and have been waiting since for a start date.... I have been soooo worried the past 2 weeks, wondering why they haven't given me a start date.... I called them last Friday and they told me, "just hang in there".. they're waiting for some paper work to be approved... I really want to start soon..... Hope I get to meet you soon, volunteer pioneer and others who got a job offer....