LAC+USC interview new grad RN - page 59
by girl84 159,774 Views | 712 Comments
Hey guys, I have a question. I had an interview with LAC+USC and received a letter that I passed the oral exam. I read in the letter that they are going to contact me if positions open up. I am a new grad RN. Have you been in my... Read More
- 0Feb 16, '13 by lucky007I just got my clearance on Friday , I dropped it off at the HR so lets see when they call me @KC83 how long did it take from clearance to actual call?
As far as I know about orientation ....dont know how long it would be but they will discuss things like yr benefits , provide vehicle pass etc and probably might assign a preceptor but make sure to report to HR at the end of the day so u get paid for that day
- 0Feb 17, '13 by KC83Yay~! Congrats! It took like two days.. So maybe they will call you tomorrow??? because mine's on Tuesday. I wonder if we start immediately after the orientation ends? I really hope so. Let me know if you get the call~ it'd be so nice if we can attend the orientatino together~ ^^
- 1Feb 18, '13 by XimenaToledohi! i started orientation on feb 1st for LAC USC. . . we reported to HR in the city of commerce and then went to the hosp. . . we went to our units after lunch. We just signed papers during the whole day. . . the following 5 or 6 days. . . we were sent to the school of nursing for orientation 8hrs/day . . . they review basic nsg stuff and policies and theres a few tests. . . nothing to worry about!!!! the day after orientation is over they sent us to our respective units!!! what follows after that is completely up to your manager. . . e everyone in my group got started right after orientation!!!! theres some units that only do 12 hrs shifts, others do a combo of 2 12 hrs days and 2 8 hrs days. . . so ur schedules wil depend on the unit you've been assigned!!!! best of luck!!! like i said at the beginning!!! this how it goes at LAC USC . .
- 0Feb 20, '13 by LnMaRQuote from ll86Well make sure you don't say that. they will train you, so don't worry about that. I think interview is based on basic nursing questions. If you passed nclex, then you should be able to answer the interview questions. Be yourself - show personality, play off knowledge you do know, and your willingness to learn. Gl!Has anyone interviewed for peds services at LAC+USC? I know you can't really talk about the interview process but I'm wondering how much peds I should know for this interview this week! My RN school rotation was only 4 weeks so I feel like I have A LOT to learn!
- 1Feb 27, '13 by Nurse_Quote from ll86NICU/PEDS are essentially the same. They don't really ask for specific peds knowledge but more about what type of nurse you are. Can you handle the pressure and if you suit well with the team. Don't sweat about your peds expertise, they don't expect you to be.Has anyone interviewed for peds services at LAC+USC? I know you can't really talk about the interview process but I'm wondering how much peds I should know for this interview this week! My RN school rotation was only 4 weeks so I feel like I have A LOT to learn!