Cypress college RN program - Page 25Register Today!
- Jan 28 by te1990nathanks Francesca18.
- Feb 2 by dorkiexcicihey guys, i went with my friend to the friends and family night. she got accepted and invited me.
wish you guys all the luck and study hard! the teachers and director seemed very nice and helpful. the skills lab looked alot better than some colleges in orange county.
- Feb 2 by Gizelle22It was great to have you all at family night I hope we answered all your questions I know it's a lot and it's swimming around in your head but don't worry it will all make sense soon.
- Feb 15 by HopefulNurse86Hello Gizelle22 I had a question for you. Since you're in the nursing program already have you heard of a hold on the LVN-RN bridge program at Cypress?? I've tried contacting the counselors and I can't go in till the 25th. I'd really appreciate some insight. Thanks!
- Feb 15 by Gizelle22I heard through the grapevine that due to budget cuts it was put on hold. The thing is a new budget went through so they may have been able to do it again. Definatley go in and talk to ---------- or -------------- the 2 counselors in health sciences. Good luck and let me know what happens or what they say.Last edit by dianah on Feb 15 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- Feb 16 by HopefulNurse86Thanks Gizelle I saw someone post they got accepted Dec 2012 so hopefully it continues... I will walk in to talk to ---------------- the 25th and let you know what happens so others are aware!)Last edit by dianah on Feb 18 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Quote from HopefulNurse86i talked to the counselor in july 2012. they didnt accept any new LVNS last year (BUDGET CUT REASON) for the proficiency exams and skills testing. btw, i have a friend who did the nursing transitions class in the summer 2012 and she said over 40 lvns took the class and only less than 20 passed. she just started 3rd semester.Thanks Gizelle I saw someone post they got accepted Dec 2012 so hopefully it continues... I will walk in to talk to ------------- the 25th and let you know what happens so others are aware!)
to get in cypress bridge program,
you have to take 2 proficiency exams in the fall (they only provide that in the fall)
after you pass that
you have to take 1 skills test in the spring (they only provide in the spring)
after you pass that
you take nursing transitions class that is only provided in the summer
and you take the TEAS
Good luck!Last edit by dianah on Feb 18
- Quote from HopefulNurse86oh and there's a waiting list of lvns to get in the bridge program. my friend got in as an alternate after she did all that process i mentioned above from fall 2011 to summer 2012 (quite a long time). somebody declined their acceptance and she got to replace that opening.Thanks Gizelle I saw someone post they got accepted Dec 2012 so hopefully it continues... I will walk in to talk to --------------- the 25th and let you know what happens so others are aware!)Last edit by dianah on Feb 18
- i went to ROP 3 years ago and did all my prequisites and went to Cypress just to find out they weren't accepting because of budget cuts and to wait for 2013 and they will see if they will accept any lvns. The counselor said not 100% guaranteed.