Best Burn Centers in US?? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 28 by NRSKarenRNIn southeast PA, Crozer Chester Medical Centers Nathan Speare Regional Burn Treatment Center opened 1973 (year I graduated HS)
They've earned an international reputation for excellence in holistic burn care, treating more than 10,000 patients since opening. They were first in the nation to be accredited by Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) along with PA state Trauma center and American Burn Association's Burn Center Verification/Consultation Program
This center provides an Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Provider Course
- Jul 28 by NRSKarenRNBurn care: Are there sufficient providers and facilities?
...Of the 5,795 total registered hospitals in the U.S., there are only 123 burn centers today, down from 180 burn centers in 1976. Of these burn centers, 60 are verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Burn Association verification criteria, and 63 are non-verified burn centers 6 (see Figure 1, page 34).
Only 37 burn centers in the U.S. are verified to care for both adult and pediatric burn patients. For a facility to be recognized as a verified burn center, it must demonstrate competence in all aspects of patient care, from the pre-hospital setting through post- discharge rehabilitation. Centers also must have dedicated burn staff, treat a minimum number of patients per year, and maintain involvement in burn-related research.
- Aug 13 by Twinmom06Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown is a fantastic burn center....
- Aug 27 by NoWomanNoCryI can't say from a working standpoint where the best burn hospital is but from a patients standpoint I can.
When I was 12 I was burned severely to my front and back torso area all on my arms as well. The local hospital couldn't do nothing for me so they shipped me off to the Shiners hospital in Galveston Tx. I was THAT kid screaming as they scrubbed my skin away but I will tell you this I will NEVER forget the nurses that helped me there. They were so nice..they tried to put my mind at ease. That place was wonderful to me. This happened about 12yrs ago and I always praise this place when I can. So to those of you that go this path of nursing I just want to say Thank You because if because of people like you that is allowing me to one day (hopefully) work with people with addictions in nursing.
- Aug 27 by vera4130There is also Parkland Hospital in Dallas, TX!
- Oct 5 by ivyleafMGH just opened a new one/expanded on theirs in the past 6 months