Hospital Reputations in Phoenix - page 9
I am curious to hear from other nurses on what hospitals have great images and possibly what hospitals need to a reputation overhaul! Thanks... Read More
- 0Nov 20, '06 by Hellllllo NurseQuote from arizonanurseI was a pt at Mesa General while I was on a travel contract. I was in a lot of pain and had unusual s/s. The ER doc accused me of being a "drug addict" and of drug seeking. The ER nurse was downright hateful. I was charged $500. for a drug screen (neg, of course) that was done without my consent.I've heard good things about Scottsdale and St. Joe's, as well as Mesa General.....Casa Grande has a bad local reputation - I've never worked there but have heard enough horror stories that I never would.
I was later correctly diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, at another hospital.
When I called the hospital to complain, Mesa General blamed it on the ER nurse being a traveler! They were very embarrassed when I told them that I am a traveler as well, and I have never treated a pt the way I was treated.
I was 800 miles from home, all alone, and very sick. I really would have appreciated being treated like a human being at Mesa General, but I was not.
- 0Nov 21, '06 by RainDreamerQuote from IronjaeoHaven't heard great things about Maryvale ...... actually all the things I hear are pretty scary. But I guess it depends on which unit. Do a search though, I think people have mentioned Maryvale here on the boards.I am due for deployment to Phoenix, Arizona (Maryvale Hospital) January 30 next year. I am a Filipino nurse. Could anyone tell me anything about this hospital? Thanks.
- 0Nov 21, '06 by cardiacRN2006Quote from arizonanurseI'm in Florence, so about a half hour away. Where are you at?
LOL! I live in Tucson, but I used to live in Florence (many, many years ago). I suspected that you might live either there or in Coolidge if you know Sacaton.
Did you go to school at CAC?
- 0Nov 22, '06 by HoozdoQuote from KarryRNI don't think Thunderbird even has a pediatrics unit. I could be wrong though. I have done some clinicals there in the past and I never noticed a peds dept there.Does anyone know anything about pediatrics at Banner Thunderbird? I'm in the online RN refresher program through MCC, and I need to find a place to do my preceptorship clinical next semester. Thanks.
- 0Nov 24, '06 by AZmomDon't know what their Heart Hospital division is like, but I can concur with a previous poster that Banner Baywood is in pretty bad shape. Their turnover is crazy, they lost a bunch when the Gilbert hospital opened and are anticipating another mass exodus when the new hospital in E. Mesa on Southern/Crismon? (forget the exact location and name) opens this Spring.