Bio 205 at Rio SaladoRegister Today!
- by Dylansmomm Apr 5, '12Hi all! I was wondering how bio205 at Rio is? I have taken both chm130 and bio156 at Rio and I did really well in those classes. So how is bio205 compared to those? Any tips? Thanks so much for all your help.
- Apr 5, '12 by mom2a1c2It's very difficult, but it is doable. I took the full length course and it consumed A LOT of time. There is a lot of information to digest, and you are basically on your own. In my opinion, the labs are useless, but a few of the questions on the exam are directly related to the lab.
I thought it was the hardest class I have ever taken, and I already have a 4 year degree from a major university. However, ask yourself what is your reason for taking the class? Are you a type A person who NEEDS to get an A? Do you really really really want to learn the material? Or do you just want to crank out the class as a prereq and just need to pass?
- Apr 10, '12 by CinDRnycI took it starting last Nov and finished end of feb. It was awful and I've taken science classes at other schools with all As there is no study guide for mid or final. You have to know everything because you don't know what they'll ask. I worked my butt off on all assignments to get 100s and then got Cs in mid and final dropped me down to an 88 / B. I was so mad! I'd you are desperate and hav no other option then take it otherwise take it in person. Its more fun to do if in person neways. By the way it was the hardest class I've taken and I'm done w my prereqs
- Apr 22, '12 by CHESCCRPI agree with CinDRnyc above that BIO 205 was the most difficult single nursing prerequisite class I have taken - even more so than A & P or statistics. I did not realize it was so difficult until I had to take an in-person test. What made it hard was that there is no real study guide. If you take the online course, do yourself a favor and complete ALL of the questions at the end of the chapters. Save them and study them, as I recognized a lot of test questions from them. Format your time for studying in structured ways, or else the deluge of studying you will need for the midterm and final will be overwhelming. The lab exercises and essays I had to write were not that difficult, but they were time-consuming.
Good luck with your classes!
- Sep 13, '12 by lovebug4002Did you end up taking BIO 205 at Rio Dylansmomm?? If so, how was it? I might need to since we are military and not in Phoenix at the time.
- Sep 13, '12 by DylansmommYes I took it, I just finished it last month. It was probably my hardest class to date but that may be because I didn't find it very interesting. However I still finished with an A, so it is definitely doable. Study a lot and make sure to take the practice quizzes after each lesson, I think about 75% of the midterm and final were repeats of those questions as well as previous quiz questions. Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck
- Sep 14, '12 by lovebug4002Hi Dylansmomm, I sent you a message! =)