ASU Summer 2010 Program Applicants - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 20, '10 by swimchick89I talked to ------ last week and thats what she told me. I know that really increases everyones chance to get in! But then again for all we know everyone has high scores and that would suck. Hopefully the cutoff will be pretty low. And I know...I will be so angry if I am like one of the 25 people who doesn't get in!Last edit by dianah on Feb 20, '10 : Reason: Removed name, as posting names is Terms of Service violation
- Feb 21, '10 by cna to crna2bthat is awesome but i am not going to get excited. i got on the alternate list last time; it was a big blow sitting in the meeting with all of the people that got in.
- Feb 21, '10 by swimchick89cna to crna-
You have nothing to worry about! You're apply with a 5.7! The advisors were saying how the cutoff score is going to be low for the summer cycle.
- Feb 21, '10 by PineappleCrushThat is so awful, cna to crna! I am so sorry about that. I would have seriously hated sitting in the room with a whole bunch of people who got in, I would want to cry right then and there due to frustration. I actually remember you from the previous thread for the Spring start and remember you saying that you got on the wait list.
I'm really trying to not get excited because the curve could be set really high and I'd be screwed and feel even worse that I didn't get in since there are so few people applying. I am crossing my fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes and praying to any and every deity out there that the cut-off scores will be low this time around. I just want to be a nurse already!
At least they should be able to get through the applications a lot faster since there are so few, so maybe we'll find out somewhat early whether or not we get in? That's wishful thinking!
- Feb 23, '10 by scperez11Hey everyone!
So I read a few of the posts and it looks like so far I'm at the lower end of the totem pole. My advancement score this time around is only 5.599.... I also talked to an advisor today and yes, she confirmed that only 85 ppl applied this cycle. Also, I don't know if anyone knows this but since 74/85 are RE-applicants, the process is moving MUCH faster and we will be getting our letters in March, not April! Hope this brightens some of your days because I know I had a huge smile after she told me That means we will know if we got in in about a month... yay! Good luck to everyone!!
- Feb 24, '10 by swimchick89Don't worry I have a 5.59 as well. I'm SOOO nervous!
- Feb 24, '10 by scperez11Looks like we're in the same boat, swimchick! Hope we get in!!
- Feb 26, '10 by PineappleCrushscperez11 & swimchick89: I have two friends/classmates that are applying with 5.54's, so don't feel too bad. They are both applying with 4.0's but unfortunately bombed (but still passed) the reading portion of the NET. That stupid test is going to be the death of so many people... haha.
Did everyone get their letters with all the courses and medical information to check over? Thankfully mine didn't have anything I needed to change... last time was a completely different story, though. ASU sucks at receiving transcripts haha. Everything is going to end so soon though, only a couple more weeks! I hope they can get the acceptance letters out before the end of March... the sooner the better!!
Does anyone know what they do about tie-breakers? Like if there are a handful of people applying with the same score, how do they rank them after that? Does it go by GPA? Or based on how many classes you've taken at ASU? I should probably just ask an adviser, but I'm not sure I want to hear the answer to that haha.
Good luck, everyone!!!! :heartbeat
- Feb 26, '10 by AZapplicantPineapple Crush-
I got my letter yesterday. Haha, I remember the first time that I applied that there were a lot of changes (It totally freaked me out). But, since most students are re-applicants then this should be relatively pain free (for both sides).
I heard that they go to the furthest decimal place that they have to go to cut off people. For example, if we were both applying with a 5.65; then they'd round it further 5.655 (etc).
For all of those people that have lower scores, I would still be very optimistic. When I was on the wait list (the first time I applied), there were 100 spots filled and 20 people on the wait list. 14 people got pulled up. I really think that everyone has a chance! I'm super excited!
- Feb 26, '10 by cna to crna2bHey I got looking at my letter and I looked in the bottom right corner of the BSN student info report and at the bottom of the BSN coursework info report it says that a total of 64 pages where printed. I don't know if it is hopeful wishing but maybe 21 of the 85 applicants did not have all of there stuff together or did not have every thing done to apply. Maybe there is only 64 applicants left. Any ways let me know if your letter says the same 64 pages printed. Hopefully this is the case. :spin: