Aesthetics Nursing - page 20
by NurseKimberley 178,428 Views | 198 Comments
Hi all-- I am really interested in the medical aesthetics thing--botox, stuff like that. Anybody know where I can get trained? I live in Colorado, by the way. THANKS :p... Read More
- 0Mar 30, '11 by mharrahDo any of you aesthetic nurses do sclerotherapy? Do you do it under a physician's supervision? Are RN's able to order hypertonic saline solution for sclerotherapy, or does it require a physician to order it? I do chemical peels and microdermabrasion, but I need to add other services. I was thinking I could do sclerotherapy since I'm already familiar with it. Does anyone have any other ideas for services I would learn/add to my menu?
- 0Nov 2, '11 by diane0419Hi,
I am an RN, BSN in Tennessee. Unemployed, and single mom of 2. Paid for certification in Botox/Dermal fillers in July, and have certificate. Have applied everywhere in my Tennessee area, plastics, derms, FP, spas. No interview or anything. Any advise from anyone please?
- 0Dec 30, '11 by Ashley2011Such an interesting discussion ladies!
I'm an ICU nurse in Houston, TX... I am extremely interested in aesthetics and would love to get my foot in the door! Are there any experienced ladies in the field from the Houston area? Would it be possible to shadow you/volunteer my help to learn? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
- 1Jan 3, '12 by danceluverCan a WHNP work in aesthetics under her NP license or are they normally FNPs who are hired as cosmetic and aesthetic practices (I am assuming most patients are female and that's why i ask)? Is the work a normal RN would do the same as an NP would do in the same practice? If not, what are the differences?
- 1Mar 28, '12 by mcat10Hi RosesRN,
I know this post is old, but I wondered if you took the classes from the Dr. on the MD/DE border? I can't pm you as I don't have enough posts, but I did try and friend you. Have you begun in your career? I'm currently in MD, planning to move to TX, and thought I could take some classes before I go!
- 1Apr 18, '12 by pieinskyHello there... I see that this is 7 years ago! But any of you can point in the direction of current avenues of training. I am in the Boulder, CO area. I know there is RN Faces down south. I appreciate any information. I have 6 years in med-surg and looking for a change. Thank you!
- 1May 15, '12 by overtonisis it me? but every specialty I click on in this message board is filled with nurses trying to "get out". Nursing managers and Hosptial Admin should take note of what appears to be low satisfaction scores across the board for nurses in the hospital.