Failed the AANP and ANCC - Page 12Register Today!
- Sep 24, '12 by aslingtlWell, I should be able to reschedule my exam at the end of this month...... I am feeling good about it. last time I got a 344 out of 350. I am so close and I have brushed up on some things and feel like I am going to to pass it this time with the lords help. I can do this! I will post back on here when it gets closer. Thanks for everyones prayers. It mean a lot!
- Oct 2, '12 by cc113I took my aanp exam yesterday and I failed it. I was in tears. I studied day after day and put in so many hours. I thought the test was quite hard and many questions I did not know the answer to at all. I have trouble looking at the questions and answering them without reading into them-the worst part is I know I do this, but I can't stop. I want to re-test as soon as possible, but I am looking for advise on materials that will be most helpful to me. I have used Fitzgerald lectures and study guide, APEA online tests and Holliers lectures and Leiks book with questions. I think Leiks book has questions that are the most similar to the ones I had on my AANP test, but there are many errors in the book that I am afraid to study from this in case I remember stuff incorrectly! I'm so worried to take this test again because I know I have to pass it or I will have to wait another year before I will be allowed to retake it. I don't want to attempt the ANCC test because of the theory questions. A few of my friends have taken the AANP test and passed and while I am so happy for them I feel so stupid
- Oct 2, '12 by Tinabeanrncc113, you will get it next time. what I did is cover the questions with my hand, and anticipate the answer after reading the question. If you see your answer, dont pick something else. The study material you have is really effective. I found studying material was better than studying questions. Yes you need to know the strategies, but if you know the material, it wont matter what question is presented. Study all the stuff you didnt know from the first test. Get a study partner.
Question, why did you say that if you dont pass it the second time that it would take a year to take it again? Is that some rule or something? Idk, I only took it once.
Good luck to you on the next one. Dont feel stupid. It happens. You are not the first and you will not be the last.
- Oct 2, '12 by lirpaloof77Hi there,
Anyone feel like selling their Hollier (2009) Adult and Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Review Questions, book. It just recently went out of print as the 2013 version will be released Jan 1, 2013. My current instructor tests right out of that book and I don't have a copy I called APEA and they said that they will no longer make it It's a 50.00 book and I'd be happy to pay new price for a used book.
Thank you SO much!!
- Oct 3, '12 by cc113Tinabeanrn--thanks for your encouragement . In regards to your question-AANP only allows you to test 2 times within the calendar year (jan through december). I suppose technically if I did not pass it this time, I could re-test in January, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
- Oct 3, '12 by Jane33 RNcc113,That test was difficult but you can do it! I failed that test the first time I took it. I know how you feel because I was there! You are not dumb! You did not get this far by being dumb! I pray that you will pass this test! Be encouraged and think positive.
- Oct 8, '12 by cc113Jane33-thanks for your encouragement. How did you study to take your test the second time and did you get any of the same questions on your second test? I am glad you got through it
- Oct 8, '12 by Jane33 RNcc113,I took the Leik webinar review course. The first time I took that test was in September 2011 then I took the ANCC and failed so I took some time off because of the stress and the holidays. I took the review course in February then I retook the AANP test in March two weeks after completing the course. It was like six months from the previous test. I knew I needed to take a review course because I felt I was studying wrong. That review course was the biggest help! It was only by the grace of God that I passed that test because it was hard. It took me the entire 3 hours! I was praising God when I saw the words pass on the screen! Yes there were some repeat questions. It was more like the same questions asked in a different way. God did it for me and He will do it for you! God bless!