Any tips on how to succeed in nursing school?Register Today!
- by brian Jul 14I think commitment and time management are the key to success. You have to be committed to what you want in life and you need to do it in a way that is manageable.
What has worked for you?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
- 6,997 Views
- Jul 15 by mds1jaw breakers and a rosary!!!!! Seriously!
Study a little each day, eat well, rest as much as you can, count on the support of your family/friends and have fun when you can.
Don't count on classmates and fellow students. They are not there for you. This is not the time to be the BMOC, or top dog. They can be good resources for studying, but they are there for one thing... to succeed. Some will succeed by stomping on the rest of the classmates. Some will turn on you when you least expect it, and Some will become lifelong friends...
- Jul 15 by Future Nurse TThis is very true!
- Jul 15 by snmzelleMake sure the teachers like you
- Jul 15 by ScarletCeylonRNKeep pace with the readings and be realistic about timelines. Don't wait until 10pm to do the care plan that's due at 11:59pm.
DO NOT let classmates flake on group assignments! Hold them accountable to the same standards as you are being held. Even if they are your friends. Especially if they are your friends.
Be honest and assess yourself from time to time. Debrief yourself in the car after clinical and think about what you'll do differently next time.
Most importantly...find time to de-stress in it all and take care of yourself! Working yourself up into a constant lather does you no favors!