What is your favorite nursing scrub design? Do you have one? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 25 by jmll1765Med Couture scrubs are my favorite right now. No need to iron as long as you hang them up right out of the dryer. I also have some Crocs scrubs that I really like. As long as I don't have to iron them and I can move in them, I'm not picky!
- Mar 25 by NurseCardI prefer mock wrap tops, as they are the most flattering. I don't really have a favorite brand. My personal favorite scrub top is one that I bought about 10 years ago, when I first became an RN. It's super colorful and has little St Jude inspired cartoons and drawings on it, in a pattern. I bought it at Life Uniforms; I imagine the money from the sales of this particular design went to St. Jude.
- Mar 25 by itsmejuliMy fav are Reina brand. They're made of microfiber, come in sets of pants with matching top, have lots of pockets and fit me well.
They're not easy to find though. No stores sell them here, I have to wait for one of the "importers" to come around our building. We get a good deal, 3 sets for $100. Much cheaper than buying other scrubs seperately at the scrub stores.
- Mar 25 by wannabecnlNot a brand, just a rant. WHY don't hospital-issue surgical scrubs have the nice side-leg pocket that we had in our student Cherokee scrubs??? I could wear my own in PACU, but it's more convenient and cost-effective (and ostensibly more sanitary) to wear the surgical scrubs. Thus I have to keep my Kelly clamps, scissors, and calipers in my back pocket under the hem of the top and fish around in there to reach them (not to mention practically dropping them into the toilet on numerous occasions). Wah, wah, wah...
- Mar 25 by kayak007Love Dickies Youtility tops and pants! Anything with pockets, pockets, and more pockets!
- Mar 25 by prmenrsI liked Cherokee, Tafford, and Landau. I like a pastel print w/coordinating pants. I worked in NICU and didn't like really splashy loud patterns--too overstimulating for the babies, imo. I also had assorted holiday print tops--made for a little variety.
The 1st time I retired, I had ~ 30 tops, 15 pants. I got rid of most of them, went back to work and acquired 20 more tops and pants. The 2nd time I retired, I got rid of ALL of them!!!
One nurse I know made a quilt out of hers when she retired. I thought that was a great idea.
- Mar 26 by becky347The favorite on my unit tends to be Grey's Anatomy mock wraps as well - they are super comfortable and never need ironing!
- Mar 27 by dougjiroI really appreciate 5.11 brand. They are sold to police but work great as scrub bottoms because 1) Teflon coated 2) tons of pockets - special cell phone pocket 3) belt loops so my pants don't end up around my ankles at shift end. You can find them on eBay new/usedLast edit by dougjiro on Mar 27
- Mar 27 by SD1911FanAviator Scrubs are my favorite hands down. I have worn Koi for Men and they are ok, but the Aviator's are purpose built for Trauma. The tops have pen pockets on the Left Sleeve and the pants can store half the supply room in them. I am never at a shortage for an IV start kit or 10ml flushes or what have you.
- Mar 27 by theantichickAviators are my favorite... though I've never figured out what the heck to do with the ankle pockets - I'll specify to leave them off with my next order.
I also very much like the Cherokee Flexible tops, just wish they had all the pockets of my Aviators.
Had to wear white top/teal pant for school, now have to wear solid royal blue so I can't pick patterns/colors but that's ok.