Yuba College ADN 2021 Hopefuls

Posted

Hello everyone! I just finished my prerequisites and will be applying for Yuba College's ADN program next month. I didn't see a thread for 2021, so I thought I'd start one. Hopefully, anyone else who is applying for the program can gather here to find support and encouragement.

Erika Salazar

116 Posts

Hey, I might be applying! ?

Edited by Erika Salazar

FutureNurse88

FutureNurse88

85 Posts

16 hours ago, Erika Salazar said:

Hey, I might be applying! ?

Awesome!! I take my TEAS on 8/3, have you taken yours yet?

Hey, how did the TEAS go and how many points are you applying with?

FutureNurse88

FutureNurse88

85 Posts

17 minutes ago, randomyubaguy1359 said:

Hey, how did the TEAS go and how many points are you applying with?

Hello! I got an 88.7 on my TEAS, which gives me 64.5 points to apply. I'm not sure if that is enough points to get in, I think I am going to retake it and shoot for a 90 so I can get 69.5 points.

20 minutes ago, FutureNurse88 said:

Hello! I got an 88.7 on my TEAS, which gives me 64.5 points to apply. I'm not sure if that is enough points to get in, I think I am going to retake it and shoot for a 90 so I can get 69.5 points.

Hey, that’s a really good TEAS score. What was your GPA like? My TEAS was within the 85-90 margin as well. Im a little worried because I’ve heard some mixed things about the different cut off range for points.

FutureNurse88

FutureNurse88

85 Posts

Just now, randomyubaguy1359 said:

Hey, that’s a really good TEAS score. What was your GPA like? My TEAS was within the 85-90 margin as well. Im a little worried because I’ve heard some mixed things about the different cut off range for points.

My GPA is 3.45. How about you? And how many points do you have? I am a little worried about it too, which is why I'm considering retaking my TEAS. I don't know anyone else applying to the program, so I've only been getting my information from reading other posts about Yuba on here!

1 hour ago, FutureNurse88 said:

My GPA is 3.45. How about you? And how many points do you have? I am a little worried about it too, which is why I'm considering retaking my TEAS. I don't know anyone else applying to the program, so I've only been getting my information from reading other posts about Yuba on here!

Well I believe my cumulative is around 3.79, but I believe they only look at the science classes such as anatomy, physiology, chem, patho, etc. In that case I have a 4.0. Yea I’ve just bee utilizing what I can find here from past semesters to estimate the point cut off. I certainly reccomend to try and take the TEAS again. Just remember though you are already on the high side of the TEAS. If you retake you may not score better. (It happend to me) ?

FutureNurse88

FutureNurse88

85 Posts

On 8/9/2020 at 6:01 PM, randomyubaguy1359 said:

Well I believe my cumulative is around 3.79, but I believe they only look at the science classes such as anatomy, physiology, chem, patho, etc. In that case I have a 4.0. Yea I’ve just bee utilizing what I can find here from past semesters to estimate the point cut off. I certainly reccomend to try and take the TEAS again. Just remember though you are already on the high side of the TEAS. If you retake you may not score better. (It happend to me) ?

WOW!, awesome GPA! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting in. My GPA for my science prerequisites is 3.45. So if I could get that 90 on the TEAS that would be great. Are you applying to any other programs?

On 8/10/2020 at 7:40 PM, FutureNurse88 said:

WOW!!, awesome GPA! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting in. My GPA for my science prerequisites is 3.45. So if I could get that 90 on the TEAS that would be great. Are you applying to any other programs?

I think I will apply to Chico but my points are very borderline depending on if I can secure some documentation letters. None the less I will submit even if I’m 3-4 short of the cut off.

edp445

edp445

Specializes in Pre-RN. 2 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am also applying to the Yuba College ADN program in fall of 2020. Since I've last checked, I have 62.5 points. Based on what I have heard, a lot of people from the wait list make it in so I am not too worried.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, randomyubaguy1359 said:

I think I will apply to Chico but my points are very borderline depending on if I can secure some documentation letters. None the less I will submit even if I’m 3-4 short of the cut off.

Based on what you have said, I think you would easily make it into Chico State.

Sincerely,

edp445

FutureNurse88

FutureNurse88

85 Posts

On 8/17/2020 at 3:33 AM, edp445 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am also applying to the Yuba College ADN program in fall of 2020. Since I've last checked, I have 62.5 points. Based on what I have heard, a lot of people from the wait list make it in so I am not too worried.

Based on what you have said, I think you would easily make it into Chico State.

Sincerely,

edp445

Awesome! Yeah, I also heard they end up taking a lot of alternates. Good luck to you! :)