Jump to content

What IRS Publication or section needed for Travel Nursing?



I was told by my agency (MSN) that even my groceries will be tax deductable as a travel nurse. I start on Tuesday. Anyone have the info I need, and any suggestions about traveling that would help me? Thanks


the person to ask this question is a good accountant/cpa.

Try http://www.healthcaretraveler.com. Under "travel resources" on the left hand menu there is a section called tax tips with some interesting articles written by a tax advisor for travelling nurses

Thank you so very much. Someone else posted to get myself a good accountant. That is something any adult would do, but after speaking with a few accountants well known in the community, I found they had no clue as to why travel Nursing is different from any other nurse's taxes.

They had no idea a portion of hourly rates were tax exempt. I am thankful I have something in print to give the accountant who had some knowledge to this different type of tax status.

Find a good accountant...........Duh!

Hey -

I just found this website yesterday. Obviously, I haven't worked with them yet, but the information on the site looks promising.

'Kobaly.com - Your Travel Nurse Tax Specialists!'

Good luck, and if you find any other good possibilities, please let me know.

- Kathleen

I found the site and printed out the form. It shows a good way to start thinking of organization of what things to save and what deductions to take in this very strange tax situation. Their prices are reasonable.

Thank you

This topic is now closed to further replies.