This is not 40 years ago, as you are comparing to a nurse in the 60's. This is recognizing when a patient becomes ill very quickly. I will not get into an arguement.
It amazes me how quickly some are to use someone name in their reply, when they disagree as if to dress them down for having their own opinion. Making it so personal when it is something to just discuss. I have sent these posts to the moderators. This was written by Ted after I sent the posts.
No wonder Ted the moderator had to post this:
Is is a full moon outside? Are we all just in a cranky mood?
Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I unreasonably wish that we can have debates and discussions that do not spiral down to mud slinging.
Honestly! I don't care what you choose to discuss or debate. But I do care how you respond to one another. I know that not every post can be perfect example of polite debate. But, GEEZE FOLKS, there's been more debate about each other than on the topics at hand.
Here's a few suggestions (Note: JUST suggestions, not rules!):
1) If the debate starts to get heated, count to ten before posting.
2) If the debate gets too heated, avoid addressing each other by name. Instead, just write more in general terms. . . again focused on the topic. (Honesty time: I actually hate it when people address me by name during a recognized debate. It is a pet-peeve of mine!)
3) Stick to the topic at hand. (Am I beginning to sound redundant?)
4) Write to those as you would like to be written to. (Does that make sense?)
5) Do NOT debate like "they" do on television. What's usually seen on those "Point/Counterpoint" type debates is entertainment, NOT constructive discussion/debate! We're better than that, folks!!
Feel free to add any Constructive advise on respectful debating. I'm sure many of us have taken debate classes (or something along those lines). Share your knowledge. What have been your postive experiences in a healthy, respectful debate?? Share!
Finally, this is a "Current Events" forum. Any type of current events can be posted here (just as long as it's kept in the PG-13 realm.) In other words, it's "O. K." to post topic that's not necessarily political. No one is going to discourage the type of topics posted here. But variety is the spice to life. There's a whole world of current events happening out there. Some interesting. Some not so interesting. But all fair game for this forum!
With only my deepest respect to you all!
P. S. Again, if you see a post or member who is violating a TOS, report that post or member to the moderators/administrators.