Published Feb 15, 2002
This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke?
We all know that water is important but I've
never seen it written down like this before.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half world population)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is
so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight
hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10
glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and
joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is
50%less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke
and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for
one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to
bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for severa minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan,wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil,
allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of
coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and
run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from
For Your Info
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric
acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4
days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium
from bones and is a major contributor to the
rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous material
place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20
Now the question is, would you like a glass of
water or coke?
Coke is also great for unclogging a Gtube No wonder
Where I live, our water is over 50% iron. Well, maybe not really, maybe it just LOOKS brown! I'll take a Coke please!
The soft drink industry uses more than 12 billion gallons of water in soft drinks every year.
Sooooo; have both at once!!! lol
Is this why Coke is preferred with charcoal? Wonder how many days it would absorb the charcoal?
Create well-written care plans that meets your patient's health goals.
This study guide will help you focus your time on what's most important.
Choosing a specialty can be a daunting task and we made it easier.
By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X