Jump to content

UW Seattle BSN Fall 2021

Posted

Hello everyone!

I created this thread for everyone to see how many people are applying and how is everyone doing. A little bit about me is that I am currently at a community college, therefore applying as a transfer. I am honestly nervous about my essay because the prompts were difficult. That is all I have to say and good luck to everyone who is applying! 

Justyb90

Specializes in CNA.

For anyone reading this look up the future nurses club at uw on facebook. They’re doing an application review for BSN applications. They posted it on fb today how to submit for review.

hi there! I will be apply to the BSN program. I have two years of CNA experience (nursing home & hospital). I also will have a bachelors degree from the UW June of 2021 (Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing). 

Gina Choi

Specializes in I'm hoping to transfer university.

Hi! I will apply for the BSN program, too. This is my first try, and I'm almost done with my pre-reqs in college. I'm in the middle of the steps resume and personal statement. I'm so worried about my writing because it's my first time to write a resume and essay for a university application. Do you guys have some advice? Please? (I didn't know the future nurses club at UW on facebook, and I missed an opportunity to review.) Also, I don't have any idea about a proctored essay... It'll be really great to have some advice. Figure cross to everyone! 

Edited by Gina Choi

Hi everyone!

I'm also applying as a transfer from a Washington community college. I'm almost done with my pre-reqs, just finishing up Micro, Nutrition, and Math. First time applying... just editing my resume and essays now. I'm apart of the facebook group, I wish I knew about the review! Oh well... Anyone apply to SU and PLU as well?

I volunteer in a hospital and teach pilates. I have no expectations to get into the program but I would love to go. And I agree, the prompts are difficult and the overall process has been very tedious. It's been a great learning experience if nothing else!

On 1/3/2021 at 11:03 AM, PlayItAsItLays said:

Hi everyone!

I'm also applying as a transfer from a Washington community college. I'm almost done with my pre-reqs, just finishing up Micro, Nutrition, and Math. First time applying... just editing my resume and essays now. I'm apart of the facebook group, I wish I knew about the review! Oh well... Anyone apply to SU and PLU as well?

I volunteer in a hospital and teach pilates. I have no expectations to get into the program but I would love to go. And I agree, the prompts are difficult and the overall process has been very tedious. It's been a great learning experience if nothing else!

Hi! I'm applying as a post-bacc student. I applied to the ABSN program and unfortunately got rejected. UW is really competitive! I got my degree in Biology from UC Davis in California. To spruce up my application, I re-did my resume and added an optional statement that was a bit more personal than the required essays. I'm also applying to PLU, SU, OHSU and SPU!

On 1/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, Gina Choi said:

Hi! I will apply for the BSN program, too. This is my first try, and I'm almost done with my pre-reqs in college. I'm in the middle of the steps resume and personal statement. I'm so worried about my writing because it's my first time to write a resume and essay for a university application. Do you guys have some advice? Please? (I didn't know the future nurses club at UW on facebook, and I missed an opportunity to review.) Also, I don't have any idea about a proctored essay... It'll be really great to have some advice. Figure cross to everyone! 

 I found a potential meeting for the proctor essay: https://uwfuturenursesclub.wixsite.com/uwfnc/events 

Other than that, good luck to you on the application process. 

On 1/3/2021 at 11:03 AM, PlayItAsItLays said:

Hi everyone!

I'm also applying as a transfer from a Washington community college. I'm almost done with my pre-reqs, just finishing up Micro, Nutrition, and Math. First time applying... just editing my resume and essays now. I'm apart of the facebook group, I wish I knew about the review! Oh well... Anyone apply to SU and PLU as well?

I volunteer in a hospital and teach pilates. I have no expectations to get into the program but I would love to go. And I agree, the prompts are difficult and the overall process has been very tedious. It's been a great learning experience if nothing else!

I am applying to SU as well! I applied last year with no healthcare experience and got through the interview process, but got waitlisted. I am applying again because I have more healthcare experience. I was considering PLU but it is far away from where I live.  

Edited by Jennifer Tuy

Hi All,

How is everyone prepping for the proctored essay? I'm reviewing the content on DosageHelp.com, but was wondering if there's something more specific to look over. The scenarios also seem a bit more abstract and tough to prepare for, any suggestions?

Thanks!

 

 

On 12/23/2020 at 8:47 AM, Jennifer Tuy said:

Hello everyone!

I created this thread for everyone to see how many people are applying and how is everyone doing. A little bit about me is that I am currently at a community college, therefore applying as a transfer. I am honestly nervous about my essay because the prompts were difficult. That is all I have to say and good luck to everyone who is applying! 

Also, anyone applying as a transfer needs to complete a general admission transfer essay, and don't forget to send in all of your official college transcripts to UW. It takes a while to process those official transcripts. I made this mistake in the past before when applying for transfer haha.

does anyone know what can we expect for the proctored essay? 

3 hours ago, beautyguruRN2b said:

does anyone know what can we expect for the proctored essay? 

Hi! For the ABSN application, the proctored essay was 3 math questions (super simple, I do recommend dosagehelp if you want some extra practice) and the essay was regarding nursing during the time of COVID-19! I'm assuming it will be pretty similar to the BSN essay.

Edited by mlange
clarifying that my experience was with the ABSN essay

On 1/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, Jennifer Tuy said:

I am applying to SU as well! I applied last year with no healthcare experience and got through the interview process, but got waitlisted. I am applying again because I have more healthcare experience. I was considering PLU but it is far away from where I live.  

Oh that's great! Sounds like you have a good chance of getting into SU this year! Do you mind me asking, what was the interview like last year?

Also, are you applying as a transfer from WA Community College. I noticed in the general application (for UW) that they asked for transcripts to be sent electronically for in state CC transfers. However, when I tried to send them through the website, it asked for an email yet UW did not provide an email to send them to. I emailed admissions but have not yet heard back. It's not due until 02/15 so I'm not too worried about it but trying to get it done ASAP!

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know how soon after the deadline they notify applicants to the proctored essay? 

Jenny Johnson, CNA

Specializes in Cardiac Telemetry.

16 hours ago, Rosella22 said:

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know how soon after the deadline they notify applicants to the proctored essay? 

Everyone is invited to the essay this year. It is January 27th. Sorry if that’s not what you were asking. Good luck! 

On 1/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, PlayItAsItLays said:

Oh that's great! Sounds like you have a good chance of getting into SU this year! Do you mind me asking, what was the interview like last year?

Also, are you applying as a transfer from WA Community College. I noticed in the general application (for UW) that they asked for transcripts to be sent electronically for in state CC transfers. However, when I tried to send them through the website, it asked for an email yet UW did not provide an email to send them to. I emailed admissions but have not yet heard back. It's not due until 02/15 so I'm not too worried about it but trying to get it done ASAP!

The SU interview is pretty laid back and they provided water, coffee, and bakeries in person. The questions they asked you (from what I remember): 

1. Tell us about yourself?

2. What is your strength?

3. What is your weakness? 

4. A scenario question  

5. Why do you want to attend SU's nursing program? 

I ended up not applying to UW because I struggled so much on the BSN application because I had a difficult time articulating my words and structure. I sent my transcript through National Student Clearinghouse from my cc to UW when I thought I was going to apply. I am honestly unsure about that, but it is strange that UW is asking for a UW email as a transfer.

did everyone get the email about the proctored essay? I am confused about how we log in? is it just our email/password that we used to submit our nursing application?