Jump to content

UTSW Nurse Residency February 2020 Cohort

Texas   (9,038 Views | 82 Replies)

xherlihy specializes in Urology.

166 Profile Views; 18 Posts

You are reading page 6 of UTSW Nurse Residency February 2020 Cohort. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

10 Posts; 117 Profile Views

2 hours ago, JBH said:

Was this for the critical care track?

No, it was for progressive care unit track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kels21082 is a BSN, RN and specializes in Operating room.

6 Posts; 205 Profile Views

I got an offer letter for the O.R. today, however the pay is SO low! Really upset because UTSW was originally my first choice, however the pay was not even close compared to BUMC, the VA or Medical City in the O.R. 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xherlihy specializes in Urology.

18 Posts; 166 Profile Views

5 minutes ago, Kels21082 said:

I got an offer letter for the O.R. today, however the pay is SO low! Really upset because UTSW was originally my first choice, however the pay was not even close compared to BUMC, the VA or Medical City in the O.R. 😔

UT is known for that. But great benefits and TRS retirement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 Posts; 77 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, xherlihy said:

UT is known for that. But great benefits and TRS retirement. 

Do you know what the usual rate is in the residency program ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypoativanemia specializes in PCU/ICU.

4 Posts; 67 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, Kay12345 said:

Do you know what the usual rate is in the residency program ? 

Currently all tracks start you off at $26, plus shift differentials ($3 3-11PM, $4 11pm-7am, $5.50 weekends). They also give a little raise after you complete the residency and after 6 months. 
Can anyone please explain the TRP program? Based on my research it is mandatory unless you opt for ORP plan which I don’t know anything about. How does the TRP retirement work? I also read you must be with UT for 5 years before they fully vest in your TRP but what exactly does this mean?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kels21082 is a BSN, RN and specializes in Operating room.

6 Posts; 205 Profile Views

13 minutes ago, Kay12345 said:

Do you know what the usual rate is in the residency program ? 

For the O.R. they offered $26.40, then $1 increase at 6 months then another $1 increase after a year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xherlihy specializes in Urology.

18 Posts; 166 Profile Views

52 minutes ago, Hypoativanemia said:

Currently all tracks start you off at $26, plus shift differentials ($3 3-11PM, $4 11pm-7am, $5.50 weekends). They also give a little raise after you complete the residency and after 6 months. 
Can anyone please explain the TRP program? Based on my research it is mandatory unless you opt for ORP plan which I don’t know anything about. How does the TRP retirement work? I also read you must be with UT for 5 years before they fully vest in your TRP but what exactly does this mean?

 

TRS starts on day 1 of employment. Insurance benefits as well. They take 7% of your pay and they match that. When you leave before 5 years the 7% from your pay is yours fee will be charged off course if you cash out. If you reach 5 years and you leave, 6% from UT is yours instead of the original 7%. They don’t offer that anywhere else. That’s one of the reasons why UT has a lot of loyal employees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xherlihy specializes in Urology.

18 Posts; 166 Profile Views

You also need to factor in the health insurance. Other hospitals offer insurance but you have to pay a certain amount. In UT, you don’t anything if you don’t include spouse and dependents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xherlihy specializes in Urology.

18 Posts; 166 Profile Views

I received an offer for critical care today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 Posts; 110 Profile Views

18 minutes ago, xherlihy said:

I received an offer for critical care today. 

When did you interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xherlihy specializes in Urology.

18 Posts; 166 Profile Views

Just now, JBH said:

When did you interview?

Oct 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 398 Profile Views

Received the Nurse residency job offer for critical care today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.