Jump to content

UCI New Grad RN Residency 2020

Job Hunt   (3,930 Views | 46 Replies)
by gmeBSN gmeBSN (New) New

366 Profile Views; 7 Posts

You are reading page 3 of UCI New Grad RN Residency 2020. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Lindsaygee has 5 years experience as a BSN, RN.

42 Posts; 614 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, MurseJojo said:

Hi guys! From my understanding, there is no exact timeline for when the next cohort date open, so we all have to check every day for Clinical Nurse 1 positions? Thank you.

Yep. They post them whenever! So far I have two still pending. Not sure what the timeline is like! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 252 Profile Views

Hi guys! I was wondering if UCI have contacted you back since they opened their positions in Feb? I only applied one position that opened this month for trauma neuro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 Posts; 395 Profile Views

Just got denied after 2 months for a position that opened in February; wasn't even called in for an interview, but was left in "under consideration" status the whole time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 252 Profile Views

2 hours ago, calistan said:

Just got denied after 2 months for a position that opened in February; wasn't even called in for an interview, but was left in "under consideration" status the whole time. 

Oh no I’m sorry 😓 Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it. I’m from the Bay Area and with the current state, I think my chance of getting into UC Irvine is slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 327 Profile Views

Hi has anyone’s status on their application ever just go blank? It went from received to nothing so not sure how to interpret LOL  I just applied early May.

I know some of you applied in Feb. Has anyone been hired on and willing to share their experiences?

also, does anyone have any insight on starting pay, starting dates and whether they accept ADN’s with BSN in progress?  I know what the applications say and that they’re magnet and all that... but does anyone have any actual evidence (maybe know of someone who was hired with an ADN or someone who was denied and told it was because they didn’t have BSN yet etc) I’m just wondering if exceptions are ever made. 
TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindsaygee has 5 years experience as a BSN, RN.

42 Posts; 614 Profile Views

2 hours ago, Leenie831 said:

Hi has anyone’s status on their application ever just go blank? It went from received to nothing so not sure how to interpret LOL  I just applied early May.

I know some of you applied in Feb. Has anyone been hired on and willing to share their experiences?

also, does anyone have any insight on starting pay, starting dates and whether they accept ADN’s with BSN in progress?  I know what the applications say and that they’re magnet and all that... but does anyone have any actual evidence (maybe know of someone who was hired with an ADN or someone who was denied and told it was because they didn’t have BSN yet etc) I’m just wondering if exceptions are ever made. 
TIA

the application of mine for trauma/neuro went blank today as well! very weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 252 Profile Views

1 hour ago, Lindsaygee said:

the application of mine for trauma/neuro went blank today as well! very weird.

I have that too as well, but I believe we are still being considered since the withdraw link is still there tho. If the withdraw link disappears, then that may means we are being rejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindsaygee has 5 years experience as a BSN, RN.

42 Posts; 614 Profile Views

2 hours ago, MurseJojo said:

I have that too as well, but I believe we are still being considered since the withdraw link is still there tho. If the withdraw link disappears, then that may means we are being rejected.

hmm. I still have the withdraw button on ones that say "no longer under consideration" as well. Not sure with UCI if that rule applies 😞

Edited by Lindsaygee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 Posts; 395 Profile Views

That's weird, my neuro/trauma unit is still saying "under consideration" for me. Still mad that after 2 months of being under consideration for the step-down position, they just rejected me. No email or anything smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 327 Profile Views


WOW! so for two whole months it said under consideration and then it just changed to not considered? Yeah that sucks, they should send out notifications or something. I’m sorry. Hopefully the Neuro/trauma one goes better, at least an opportunity to interview. How long have you been waiting on that one?

Do you know when this New Grad Program or neuro/trauma position is supposed to start? There wasn’t any indication on the application. It just asked when I could start and I put June 1st. 

Hmm IDK it’s interesting that for some it says “under consideration” or other descriptions and then some of ours just went blank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 252 Profile Views

2 hours ago, Lindsaygee said:

hmm. I still have the withdraw button on ones that say "no longer under consideration" as well. Not sure with UCI if that rule applies 😞

Oh noooo. I have seen this similar rule a lot in the Bay Area, so I don't know SoCal very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Posts; 252 Profile Views

31 minutes ago, calistan said:

That's weird, my neuro/trauma unit is still saying "under consideration" for me. Still mad that after 2 months of being under consideration for the step-down position, they just rejected me. No email or anything smh

So is my status is "under consideration", but oh man. That's crazy. Now I don't how to feel abt this organization, but I'm trying to keep my hope up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.