Jump to content

2020 Spring Enrollment for Nursing (Hillsborough Community College)

School Programs   (22,979 Views | 451 Replies)

728 Profile Views; 121 Posts

You are reading page 30 of 2020 Spring Enrollment for Nursing (Hillsborough Community College). If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

11 Posts; 17 Profile Views

Hello all,

               I made some kind of mistake with the previous message. Both questions are mine and thank you Elizabeth for your answers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 42 Profile Views

On 10/28/2019 at 3:15 PM, rrodriguez212 said:

You all have me super paranoid!! Lol. If I got all my shots as a child and had my pediatrician fill out the immunization form as proof, I do not need titers. Right???

I was fully immunized as a child too, and I have my record, but what was routinely given back in the late 80s/early 90s doesn't meet the list we were given.  l had titers drawn last week, at the Health Dept, to try and save some money and time. I'll find out this Friday what I still need to get, but I went ahead and got my TDaP and flu shot since there isn't a titer based exemption for those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 Posts; 119 Profile Views

8 minutes ago, Gladis Rubio Ibclc said:

I was fully immunized as a child too, and I have my record, but what was routinely given back in the late 80s/early 90s doesn't meet the list we were given.  l had titers drawn last week, at the Health Dept, to try and save some money and time. I'll find out this Friday what I still need to get, but I went ahead and got my TDaP and flu shot since there isn't a titer based exemption for those. 

Most of mine were done in the late 90s/early 00s. I thought the paper said proof of 2/3 vaccines OR titers. I tried contacting the clinical department and was simply told to reread the forms... UGH!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 42 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, rrodriguez212 said:

Most of mine were done in the late 90s/early 00s. I thought the paper said proof of 2/3 vaccines OR titers. I tried contacting the clinical department and was simply told to reread the forms... UGH!! 

If your shot record matches the sheet they gave us, you should be good. Mine did not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SierraLeighton has 3 years experience.

8 Posts; 28 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, Gladis Rubio Ibclc said:

If your shot record matches the sheet they gave us, you should be good. Mine did not. 

I had all of mine done In 99/00 as well. I assumed if we had them as a child we were all set. I asked my doctor about titers/boosters just to play it safe and she explained it wasn’t necessary if they were given as a child. So I assume that if we have proof of them then we are good.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elizabeth_Garcia85 has 1 years experience.

20 Posts; 41 Profile Views

5 minutes ago, SierraLeighton said:

I had all of mine done In 99/00 as well. I assumed if we had them as a child we were all set. I asked my doctor about titers/boosters just to play it safe and she explained it wasn’t necessary if they were given as a child. So I assume that if we have proof of them then we are good.

 

 

 

I had Hep B vaccine as a child. My titer for it last week came back “non-immune.” My body never created enough antibodies for it. It’s always good to get titers done, just in case! 

Just now, FutureNurse&Beyond said:

This stuff is t due until December correct? 

December 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 Posts; 206 Profile Views

I’m sure I had all the vaccines as a child but oddly my rubella and measles came back as immune and my mumps did not. I found out Monday which is cutting it close since it requires 2 doses 28 days apart. I’m getting my second dose on Dec 1st since I will be on a cruise the week prior. That is close but glad I found out before it was too late. The flow chart they gave shows the different ways on how to do everything to comply so as long as someone with records has a doctor who will sign off on that and it follows one of the avenues on the flow chart, that should be acceptable although the Tdap is only good for 10 years so proof as a child would probably not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 Posts; 17 Profile Views

Thank you Cmailes and everyone for your input.Actually the the health dept. in hillsborough told me they dont do titers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SierraLeighton has 3 years experience.

8 Posts; 28 Profile Views

Hey all, I reached out via email for some clarification to the clinical office. So for those of you wondering if your childhood vaccines were still good the answer is yes if you can have a provider sign off that you received them on the immunization form. Titers are only needed if you don’t have proof of those childhood vaccines. I’m sure titers are a good idea to get just to see what your body is/isn’t immune too but as far as submitting records and what not, childhood vaccines are accepted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 Posts; 17 Profile Views

Hi Gladys Rubio Ibcic.

                                     Which Health dept. did tour titers for you.What was thw process.Did you have to get PCP order(paper work) or did you just walk in and say you wanted a titer done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 Posts; 17 Profile Views

Does orientation involve walking around the campus from place to place or are we just going to be seated in an auditorium for the the entire time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.