Jump to content

SJSU FALL 2021 BSN

Posted

Hey Guy! I am creating this for those applying to SJSU Fall 2021 nursing program. I wanted to see what the applicant pool looks like! Here's my stats so far:

Big 5 GPA: 4.0

TEAS: 80%

Impaction score: 6.66

I don't feel so confident due to how competitive it's been :/

does anyone know if they will take online TEAS? the website says yes, but the info session says no

Hi I'm also applying for fall 2021 and was wondering if it's true that "None of 8 prereq. courses can be in progress at time of nursing application." 

Don't know if this is true either that we have to take the TEAS exam 2-3 months before applying or is that just preffered.

Edited by kgonzstudent

On 11/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, kgonzstudent said:

Hi I'm also applying for fall 2021 and was wondering if it's true that "None of 8 prereq. courses can be in progress at time of nursing application." 

Don't know if this is true either that we have to take the TEAS exam 2-3 months before applying or is that just preffered.

Hi! It is true that you cannot have any of the 8 prereq. courses in progress at the time of application. They all have to be completed by the time you submit your application. For the TEAS exam, I took mine about a month before the application deadline. Just give yourself enough time to get your results back and/or have enough time to take it again if you need to. 

Hey guys,

My stats: 
GPA: 3.98 (Big 8= 4.0)
TEAS: 91.3
Impaction score = GPA + (TEAS/30) 
My score: 7.04 (using Big 8 GPA)
100+ hours of volunteer experience in ED, OR, and a breast health center. 

On 9/2/2020 at 5:37 PM, sssara said:

Hey Guy! I am creating this for those applying to SJSU Fall 2021 nursing program. I wanted to see what the applicant pool looks like! Here's my stats so far:

Big 5 GPA: 4.0

TEAS: 80%

Impaction score: 6.66

I don't feel so confident due to how competitive it's been 😕

If you can, there's still time to re-take TEAS and try for a better score...the site says 90 is competitive. 😕

Edited by Lone_purple

Hello OP!

Like you, I'm also not confident.

My stats :

4.0 GPA

86.7 TEAS

Impaction score : 6.89

On 10/11/2020 at 1:18 AM, vivjl said:

does anyone know if they will take online TEAS? the website says yes, but the info session says no

They only accept in person TEAS exam

On 11/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, kgonzstudent said:

Hi I'm also applying for fall 2021 and was wondering if it's true that "None of 8 prereq. courses can be in progress at time of nursing application." 

Don't know if this is true either that we have to take the TEAS exam 2-3 months before applying or is that just preffered.

I am concerned about this too, do you know if this is correct? I also saw somewhere on their website where it says at least 3 weeks

On 11/30/2020 at 6:16 PM, Aaybay said:

Hi! It is true that you cannot have any of the 8 prereq. courses in progress at the time of application. They all have to be completed by the time you submit your application. For the TEAS exam, I took mine about a month before the application deadline. Just give yourself enough time to get your results back and/or have enough time to take it again if you need to. 

How long did it take for u to get your results back and submit them? Im taking mine on jan 29th and apps are due feb 15, do u think that is enough time?

3 hours ago, sssara said:

How long did it take for u to get your results back and submit them? Im taking mine on jan 29th and apps are due feb 15, do u think that is enough time?

It's cutting it close but I tested at SJSU's testing center on a Saturday and received my results the following Tuesday! I was shocked. Hopefully it's quick for you too. 

Hi, does any one know when the TEAS scores are due? I have not taken mine yet & I cant not find the due date to enter the scores on the website. Thank you! 

Hi everyone!

When I went to SJSU website it says there that "Once admitted provisionally you will have to turn in a background check and drug screen documents to NursingCAS".

For those who know, when should we submit this? Should we submit this when we receive our acceptance letter? Other schools only require this after you get accepted. I was confused at what they mean by provisionally.

30 minutes ago, Emmanuel Macas said:

Hi everyone!

When I went to SJSU website it says there that "Once admitted provisionally you will have to turn in a background check and drug screen documents to NursingCAS".

For those who know, when should we submit this? Should we submit this when we receive our acceptance letter? Other schools only require this after you get accepted. I was confused at what they mean by provisionally.

Once you receive acceptance letter, there will be more correspondence regarding steps to complete before enrollment. Pretty sure the drug screen and background check is not submitted to nursingcas but to the nursing dept. at SJSU. 

21 hours ago, Vanessa Ariana said:

Hi, does any one know when the TEAS scores are due? I have not taken mine yet & I cant not find the due date to enter the scores on the website. Thank you! 

TEAS scores are entered on nursingcas and when the SJSU application opens, there will be another place to submit the TEAS results under the requirements for SJSU program.