Our healthy numbers are awful!

Specialties School

Published

We had a company come out and perform wellness screenings recently for our staff. I just got our overall results back. Sigh...

Right now, our wellness committee members consist of me, myself, and I. So, I know I have to strengthen that.

Have any of you initiated any successful programs to help increase staff health in the sense of diet, exercise, and stress management? What did you do? Contests? Information?

Maybe I should just drag them all out running with me? :roflmao:

No, not officially. Keeping track of physicals, dental, immunizations, educating about illness, encouraging flu shots and doing screenings is my take on wellness.

If they are compliant in all this, and you wanna take some more on...then you are wellerer than I.

Sorry, I meant for the staff. I'm sure the kids' numbers are worse! I'll edit it!!

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

I've tried everything imaginable over the years and it ends up being those who are interested will participate and those not interested will not, or if they do, they'll complain about how "unfair" the program is. I abandoned the whole effort years ago.

Yeah, they're on their own. Big Educated People, they are.

Specializes in School nursing.

To be honest, being a teacher is a high stress job, so I am not surprised staff stress level is high.

+ Add a Comment