Straighterline A&P 1

Nursing Students Western Governors

Published

Has anyone used straighterline for A&P 1 and 2 to strengthen their science GPA for 's prelicensure BSN program? I am a high school teacher and don't want to try to make a community college class fit my schedule and travel for it but could probably make something work if I needed to.

Questions!

1. Since it was a second time taking A&P Was it difficult to get through the course quickly/accelerate?

2. How does the lab component work?

3. Did you feel it was beneficial to do this over a local community college class?

I'm taking AP1 through straighterline now...honestly I don't like the setup so great..im thinking of retaking Ap1 through Portage online which is accredited and you can start the classes at anytime. Right now I have a B through straighterline but I'm still weighing if i want to continue...

Have you taken anatomy before? At the school I went to, granted I took it 5 years ago, we did anatomy for one semester then physiology for the following semester. I have to get an A in the class so I want to make sure it's obtainable before I bite the bullet and start the course.

Yes i have all my sciences pre reqs, however, the cumulative gpa is below the needed 2.5...so I'm retaking AP1 for that reason...i too need an A...i have a B so far and am midway through the course with straighterline...now the bright spot in this is if you don't get the final grade you need..they allow you to retake the course again...you just pay the cost of the class..so I dunno...i may try to finish it out and see if i can get an A...or just take the course again if i dont..sighhhh

How fast do you need to have the course completed?

I want to apply to a cohort in February so I have some time just want to get all my ducks in a row lol I just am in the same boat where my science GPA isn't high enough so I am having to retake A&P 1 and A&P 2. I just didn't want to get myself into a situation where I get a lower grade than what I previously had or anything like that.

Totally understand. That's what I do like about straighterline..no matter how many times you may have to retake the course they'll send your highest grade achieved to the college..i will try to post a link about that

I took AP 1 and 2 along with Microbiology. You can move quickly through the non-lab portion of the courses quickly but the labs where time consuming. As far as if its better than an actual brick and mortar school would depend on how you learn and absorb information. If you do better teaching yourself and going at a pace that is comfortable to you than I would pick Straighterline because it is cheaper.

Portage's classes seem great so far, and you don't have to buy a separate lab kit. They are regionally accredited through Geneva College, too, which is something I like. You never know when you might have to try for a backup nursing program, and regional accreditation is about as universally accepted as credits get.

hey did anyone end up finishing ap1/2 through straighterline? I am doing it now and just wondering how you all finished? Thanks!

+ Add a Comment