Sample voicemail greeting for an oncall runner for hospice

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hi! I'm a new runner for a hospice company and they gave me the task of answering calls afterhours and on weekends. I answer the phone as soon as I can, but for some instances where I am away from my phone and a call comes in and goes to voicemail, what's a good greeting to put for the voicemail? Currently I have it at" Thank you for calling *** hospice. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief description of your call and we'll have someone call you back as soon as possible. Thank you, have a wonderful day."

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Specializes in Oncology.

That sounds perfect to me

Specializes in Med/Surge, Psych, LTC, Home Health.

Sounds great.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).

The message is fine. It's good.

Maybe I'm being nit-picky, ScegOd, but for me or my loved one having to have hospice services, there is no way we're going to have a wonderful day.

I might have a tolerable day or even a comfortable day, but I'm a chronic malcontent the way it is.

I know, I know, I know.

Thanks for asking.

I hope you have a good day though!

Specializes in Oncology.
The message is fine. It's good.

Maybe I'm being nit-picky, ScegOd, but for me or my loved one having to have hospice services, there is no way we're going to have a wonderful day.

I might have a tolerable day or even a comfortable day, but I'm a chronic malcontent the way it is.

I know, I know, I know.

Thanks for asking.

I hope you have a good day though!

That is a good point. If these are patients and family members calling in maybe something like "Have a peaceful day" would be better.

When I tried calling myself that's what I actually noticed haha, thanks for pointing that out. I'll leave the last part out and stick with the other parts. Thanks!

Suggestion (if appropriate):

I would imagine some of the callers have an issue about which they're rather anxious.

You could add the words "After-Hours Service" or "After-Hours Line" after the company's name. That way there's no concern over whether it is indeed a number that reaches a real person who will return their call during non-business hours. It's a way to let them know they're on the right track. If that makes sense. :)

That is actually a good one too. I ended up with

Thank you for calling *** hospice after-hours service. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief description of your call and we'll have someone reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you

Thanks everyone!

+ Add a Comment