Nclex shut off at 75 questions!!

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Took Nclex yesterday. No math, not too many SATA, mostly multiple choice, I am positive I failed because those questions were really hard. I'm trying not to freak out but I'm not doing too well right now and I don't even want to do the trick. The question I do remember was it asking what should a patient not eat before bed and the choices were cheese, chocolate milk, milk and I cannot remember the fourth option. I chose cheese. Googled it and found out I was wrong. I'm going crazy and I feel like such a failure right now. Anyone out there feel like I do?

Specializes in NICU.
I am positive I failed because those questions were really hard.

I will tell the same answer that the previous 1000 threads about the test stopping at 75 questions and they KNOW they failed because the questions were hard.

NCLEX is a computer adaptive test. It needs to find the highest difficulty that you consistently answer right. It does not give you random questions varying in difficulty. Every question you answer correctly will cause the next question to be a little more difficult. Once it has determined the level of difficulty that you can consistently answer correctly (after 75 questions) it shuts off. The most reliable indication of pass/fail AT 75 questions is nursing school performance. If you went to a school with a high NCLEX pass rate and you did very well in school, it is highly unlikely that an A student would fail NCLEX at 75 questions. It would mean that you failed so poorly that the computer determined that no matter how many questions it gave you, you would not pass.

I hope you pass. Don't stress yourself so much until you see your result, you might pass, Just keep hope alive and wait to see what happens. Goodluck to you.

+ Add a Comment